The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Prosperity , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent Prosperity Camping Reviews
Great staff, cozy park

Arrived here for two nights in the tent after Myrtle Beach. Site 46 is not terribly even, but it's well situated inside the loop. The park is clean, the tent pad is a good size, and the amazing aroma of pine is one of the natural highlights. Unfortunate that the camp store closes at 5 pm. So one must drive to Publix for firewood. The closest Walmart has $2 ice bags.

Nice hiking trails

It’s also a horse camp with a large ring. The first camping loop is the best. Head back to the end of the camping loop away from the office and find a trail that leads down to a nice swimming creek. Great place for exploring all over the park. Sites were well spaced with picnic table and fire ring.

We will be back!

Even though we had a few rainy days we could see the beauty of this park. Clean heated restrooms in Winter is a bonus. Lots of things to do for all ages. Helpful and friendly staff.

Needs improvements

Not a big rig friendly area. Our site was 30 amp, no sewer. I backed in the way I was told to and realized our water and electric were on the curb side. Had I known this ahead of time, I could have maybe pulled in another way. The service from another site was less than 3 feet from my power inlet to the camper. I called to make sure it would be ok to plug in there and they said no, even though no one used that site. The bathhouse was well below standards and really just unusable. I’ll pick another place if I’m ever in the area again.

In the middle of Columbia SC

Built to celebrate the Sesquicentennial of South Carolina in the 30’s . At one time on the furthest outskirts of Columbia SC. It is now firmly in the muddle of the Metro area. Plenty of trailer sites. Tent site and primitive camping. Has recreational areas. Restaurants and shopping nearby

Shaded woodlands

Really nice shaded campground and very reasonably priced. Clean bathhouse. Stand was unpacked but level! Staff were friendly and very welcoming. Only spent the night so did not have time to enjoy the trails or the lake.

Awesome place

I love going to this campground, I enjoy doing the trails and spotting dear. And there is a small water play area for children. They have paddle boats also.

Nice Park. Not great for large RV’s

It’s a nice park with great amenities. The splash pad up front is awesome for kids.

Our only complaint is that most sites are very uneven. If you have a large camper/RV it may be tough to get your rig level. That being said site #21 worked well for our 40 foot fifth wheel. We had to use some blocks and a few attempts, but were able to make it happen.

Also, if your camper is over 25 feet I wouldn’t even bother booking a site on the second loop. It is pretty tight back there.

We love this campground

We camped here for a few days and loved this park. Plenty of hiking and fishing. We did not have to leave the park for anything. Everyone was very friendly. Some of the sites are not very level but you can do it. We will definitely be going back to this park. They have two different campgrounds and this park is geared towards horse back riding

Was once nice. (Edited)

Forest Service has changed the price from $5 to $30 a night for a primitive campground. Nasty vault toilet, and trash cans but no water. As of July 2019 campground appears closed.