The best TENT SITES camping near
McClellanville , SOUTH CAROLINA

Most Recent McClellanville Camping Reviews
Loved it

This park is a peace in the middle of chaotic Myrtle Beach. We would drive to the beach with our wagon since our site was in the back of the campground. I would walk to the beach in the evenings though. Clean sites, clean beach and spacious!

Quite Surprised

COVID ruined summer plans as it did for many, so we ended up here against my wishes. I'm not a Myrtle Beach fan, so heading to this campground wasn't something I was looking forward to.

Thankfully, this turned out to be quite a nice spot. The beach was not overly crowded and the spots were spacious. There's a nice shop and boardwalk nearby and it was well kept. A nice surprise!

Good Location to Charleston

Good location for those wanting to visit the Charleston area without the hustle and bustle of the traffic. Close to Edisto beaches as well which is a good spot for the beaches. The campground has a great laundry facility, bathhouses were a bit muddy though from the rain we had. The pool was lively with guests having good fun and conversation. There is a mix of full-timers, those staying for long durations and folks like us passing through.

Great beach, tight sites

Stayed for a week, really enjoyed the beach and proximity to restaurants/ bars. Ended up being there during bike week so it had its moments of noise through the days/evenings. The park is under the runway for commercial and military aircraft and there is a helicopter sightseeing service that flys over all day long. ATT and Tmobile were not great, however, I was able to work with the WIFI and it was ok. It rained and the dirt spots collected water and made for some unpleasant days stuck inside. Our spot was right next to one of the bathrooms and isn't ideal if you wanted a little more privacy. The park does have nice space and trails to explore and is a very popular spot for fishing off the pier and enjoying the beach. There are 2 stores in the park, just don't forget your mask or you'll hear about it. They do sell firewood on the property and have fire rings at each site.

Spacious, Wooded, Closest to Charleston

Large park with paved and grass sites. I stayed in a paved full hookup site P2 and, even though there were a fair amount of guests, they spread everyone out so I had no immediate neighbors. To control the spacing, they do not let you pick your own site. The facilities looked basic, and the office building that greets guests needs to be remodeled, but the park is clean and felt very safe. Lovely, large oaks with gray moss provide that quintessential Charleston/Savannah setting. There’s a small pool, dog park, pasture with cows, and a play area. My favorite feature was the recycling area! Almost no RV parks provide recycling, so the fact that this park does is really nice. Tip: Beware of ant piles.

We love it

This place is awesome especially if you have kids. Bath houses are nice and clean, splash pool is top notch, putt putt, food, and the beach here is really nice. Only negative is the roofs over the little picnic tables are weirdly low. I hit my head multiple times daily.

Nice spot

Big gravel loop with about 10 sites under the pines. Water spigot didn't work but there were vault toilets. Big fire tower in the middle that is fenced off. We were there on a Monday and only one other camper there. Nice and quite with lots of trails in the national forest.

Another Amazing Weekend

Just got back from another long weekend camping at Huntington Beach State Park in Murrel’s Inlet, SC. This is one of our favorite campgrounds. We were in Site 40 this weekend. 30 amp electric and water, no sewer. Sites are level, clean, spaced out and a short walk to the beach. Close to Myrtle Beach attractions if you interested, but quiet and relaxing. Many nature trails and tons of beach for walking.

Fun family trip

We spend three nights at Ocean Lakes. I didn't have much contact with any on the staff except for check in and the one night we ate there at their little resteraunt. Staff wasn't overly friendly, but no one was rude. The campsite was roomier than I actually expected, we were in K section and had a concrete pad, our site was very level with a large tree. We were a short walk away from the beach! Overall our stay was enjoyable. The bath houses were clean, and the campground well maintained. We did have dog waste on our site when we arrived, so that was kind of gross, but overall people seemed to pick up after their pets. If you like quiet I would avoid the weekends in October, due to their Halloween celebration. Lots of kids on golf carts, speed limit is 10 MPH but it wasn't enforced on Friday night as far as I could tell, we had a couple of close calls. Quiet time is at 11 and on Friday night it was noisy past midnight, but the two nights before that the campground was very laid back and quiet. The pool was very cold (off season) but my son still loved it and it is a very nice area. The beach is the best part, it was beautiful! Overall I recommend this campground, and we will stay here again!

Quiet and convenient

Nice, quiet campground with plenty of tall trees surrounding, we didn’t have any trees in our site, but it was pretty wooded, so full sun was long. The grounds were clean and well maintained.