About Malheur/Yellowjacket Campground

This campground sits on the quiet shores of Yellowjacket Lake.  This beautiful and quiet location offers abundant birding and wildlife viewing opportunities with eagles, osprey and pronghorn antelope frequenting the area.  The lake has a small sand beach and an easily accessible shoreline for fishing.  This campground has a very nice covered group picnic area.

National Forest
No Water Hookups
No WiFi
Malheur/Yellowjacket Campground is located in Oregon
Directions
From Burns, OR., travel west on US Highway 20 to the junction with the County Road 127/Forest Road 47.  Turn right onto County Road 127/ Forest Road 47 at the sign for Yellowjacket Lake and Delintment Lake.  Follow County Road 127/ Forest Road 47 for approximately 30 miles to the junction with Forest Road 37.  Turn right onto Forest Road 37 and continue on for approximately 2.3 miles to the junction with Forest Road 3745.  Turn right on to Forest Road 3745 and continue for 1 mile then turn right at the end of Yellowjacket Lake into the camping area.
1 Review of Malheur/Yellowjacket Campground
Loved it!

My first time here and I loved it. Within 5 minutes of arriving we had a deer walking through our camp site. It was super hot but had lots of shade. I had to bring Clorox wipes to clean the toilet seat. The flies were insane, they were in the bathrooms and all over our food. Night time was super peaceful, except for the coyotes. The first night they yipped and howled all night, second night just once. I enjoyed it and will definitely stay here again. The lake had a lot of gunk growing in it, so I didn’t want to go in, but I should have brought the kayaks.