The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Marietta , OKLAHOMA

Most Recent Marietta Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake, OK campground

We found Lake Ray Roberts as a nice swimming spot near Dallas to go cool down during the hot Texas summers and we LOVE it to go grill and hang out as a day long activity. So when my husband and I decide to start camping 🏕 we chose this park as our first trial, and we found it a bit inconvenient for Car camping since the spots are walk up and you gotta leave your car behind in a parking lot. Also, is very primitive style, so clean bathrooms and close-by water is not really part of the package. We loved the view from our spot and if you are up for a primitive experience within a park, then this is great. Just not for us and the type of camping we wanna do 😊

AMAZING!

We went boondocking for the first time.  I had no idea somewhere this close was so great! We moved each night trying a new primitive site!

Best no Facility camping near DFW

We love this place! It’s free and close to DFW. There’s cattle roaming around and a lot of stocked ponds to fish in and some hiking through the different areas. Very peaceful and still close to the city if you forget anything. Be sure to use your GPS because you’ll want to drop a pin when you find a spot so you can find it again. There are absolutely no facilities so pack out what you pack in and clean up after yourself! The park ranger stops by at times which was nice since it’s remote.

Nice!

Nice clean campground. Fills up fast. Great showers.

Beautiful Campground near Dallas

I have RV camped at Isle du Bois campground several times on the Deer Ridge Loop.  We saw so many deer, the sites were mostly wooded with easy access to the lake/beach area.  We really like the spacing between sites for privacy and being able to walk to the lake area, float around on rafts. It was relaxing. A lot of campers bring their boats and hook up near the camp sites as well.

Free Fishing!

The first thing that brought me here was the option to fish without a license! It's been several years now since my wife and I stayed here the first time. It's a good size park with several options for activities: boating, fishing, picnicking, equestrian, hiking, camping, etc. The trails are thorough through the park. The lakefront is great as it gives you a good sense of the size of the lake. I'm looking forward to our next stay here!

Great RV Campsites

Roomy, well kept. Reasonable prices

Best place near Dallas

This is the best place to camp in the immediate Dallas area - nice lake with beach and we’ll kept sites. There are nice group sites in the primitive areas that are more wooded and we like.

Great state park

There’s a ton of great camp sites at Lake Murray. A lot to do as well- fish, golf, horseback riding, ATV trails, boating, nice pool with a splash area (only lodge and cabin guest have access), putt putt, activities on the lake (water trampoline, slide, etc), hiking. It’s a huge park so even when it’s crowded it doesn’t feel too crowded. There’s a lot of shaded sites and sites on the water. Highly recommend. We stayed in site 4 in the ATV campground.

Isle Du Bois (Lake Ray Roberts State Park)

In the hot month of July 2020 I loaded up Little Red and headed out to spend several days camping at the Isle Du Bois Unit of Ray Roberts Lake. Located north of the greater DFW Metroplex Isle Du Bois is one of the busiest Texas State Parks in North Texas. Ray Roberts Lake is situated in the Cross Timbers region of Texas as a result there are plenty of big oak trees to provide shade and there is an abundance of wildlife as well. The Isle Du Bois unit features well over 2 miles of concrete hike and bike trails as well as one of the nicest beaches found in North Texas. Isle Du Bois State Park on Ray Roberts Lake is an excellent place to catch a whole lot of fish! A five lane boat ramp means there is very little wait time to launch and recover. No boat? No worries! Isle Du Bois features an excellent fishing pier and plenty of easy to access bank. Come along with me as I explore the Isle Du Bois Unit of Ray Roberts Lake State Park!