Fires Unknown
Water Unknown
About Bullocksville State Rec Area - Kerr Lake
Bullocksville State Rec Area - Kerr Lake is located in North Carolina
2 Reviews of Bullocksville State Rec Area - Kerr Lake
Great family site for lake-side camping

We stayed in sites 20 and 21 and they are are sloped, which makes tent placement a bit tricky but doable. Each of these two sites have rocky shore lines, which makes paddle-up camping a bit challenging but again, it’s doable. Sites 18 and 19 have beach fronts that are sandy and a bit more secluded from the main lake. There are common area spigots with fresh water and several lined trash cans shared between sites. There is room at each site to park at least two cars if not 3 and there are fire rings and composite picnic tables too. Sites are fairly close to one another so you’ll be about 25 yards from your neighbors in most sites. We reserved two sites to have a buffer…$23 a nite it’s worth the extra space.

We paddled into this site from Nutbush recreation area, and it was just about 4 miles one way. Nice little kayak camping trip.

It’s mostly families camping and was fairly quiet after about 11pm.

I would do it again but I think a bit of a flatter site would be better. There is also a boat marina about 1.8 miles south of this camp site in the event you bring gas powered watercrafts and need to fill up.
The photos from the lake’s shore were taken from site #20 with a shot looking left and one looking right.

Nice campsite on the water.

I camped at Kerr Lake a few weeks ago with a friend and the dogs. The campsite was very close to the water. That really helped to beat the heat. The campsites are very close together. We were there from Friday to Saturday and it was just us and another couple in the whole loop. I think I would not go in peak season at a weekend. It would be way too crowded for me. Otherwise it was a very nice campground.