The best YURTS camping near
Blowing Rock , NORTH CAROLINA

Cyber Monday Gift Extended Try Pro Free for 6 Months

Most Recent Blowing Rock Camping Reviews
Wild Ponies.....

Grayson Highlands State Park is just one of those places you love! The views are awesome, the trails excellent and then there’s wild ponies ! I brought my daughter and granddaughter with me this time and we all had a very good visit. My granddaughter got such a thrill out of meeting wild ponies and there were so many babies, it was so much fun ;) The campground is quiet and the sites are mostly shaded. There’s good separation between sites, though some are a little more open then others. There are a few sites where you are literally sitting on the edge of a very steep drop off, I avoid these ! There are Trailhead’s within the campground and several other very unique and challenging trails. The shower house was a short walk through the trees. The camp Host was across the road from the shower house and next to the dump site. He had firewood on site and was very helpful and informative. No water sports here , but lotsa hiking and stars.

Nice

Very nice setting. Beautiful camp spots in an open area on top of a mountain. Clean bath house. Great hiking trails. Friendly staff.

Beauty in the mountains

Lovely hike with the most beautiful views of both wildlife and the mountain scenery

Wonderful site for a getaway

This is a wonderful site to park a RV. The site is so clean and so well maintained. And everyone is so nice. The owners are incredible and accommodating and very quick to respond to any question. There is a beautiful hiking trail. There are cabins to rent if you don’t have a RV. We had the best weekend. Highly recommend! We will be back.

Great Campground

There is a little bit of everything here. Mountain location meets all the view requirements to include the rushing stream as you come in. Owners are supper friendly and want to make your stay enjoyable. There are cabins, tents, and RV sites so you can take your choice of sleeping accommodations. Plenty to do for kids of all ages with game room, swing set, basketball, corn hole, and a field big enough to throw a frisbee or play catch. Add a little creek through the middle and a fishing pond; what more do you need?

Campground is well maintained. The RV Sites are level. The bath house is clean. The WiFi is A++, can you say streaming?! You have your choice of open site or one with tree cover. If you are looking for a place to see the leaves changing color this is the place to stay. Don’t wait to make your reservations it fills up fast!!!

The Best!

I have been coming here for the past 10 years.   It's  one of the best  Campgrounds I have been to anywhere. Not only is it beautiful and well kept like most state parks but the staff has always been tremendous and helpful. And the location is quite perfect. It is set high on the mountain so you get wonderful views easy access to the Appalachian trail And lots of hiking everywhere.

Highly recommend

Such an amazing place! We camped, hiked, and relaxed! Some spaces in campground were a little crowded, but not all sites! Campground was clean and well maintained! The hiking and views from this place was amazing!

One of the best!

This is one of the best Virginia State Parks I have camped at!

The area is just so incredibly beautiful and the park is huge, there is so much to do and explore. The ponies, hikes of all kinds, waterfalls, mountains. It is a trip I will remember forever.

We got a non-site specific tent site reservation so we rolled up and I think we got the best one, site 13. It is the most private and very comfortable. Close to the bathrooms and water. I have no complaints! It was great!

Check out Molly Chomper Cidery if you venture out of the park!

So many activities!

This was our second trip to Yogi Golden Valley but the first trip with our new camper. We had a wonderful weekend! My family rented a cabin on the creek. Golf carts are a must to get around since the campground is so big! The kids enjoyed the water park, putt putt, gem mining, fishing, crafts and tie dying shirts. There were several activities we didn’t get a chance to do this trip (kayak, laser tag and the playground). We will definitely be back! It’s within an hour drive for us and you can’t beat it!

Comfort and privacy

My husband and I stayed at the Happy Tales Campsite on our 22nd wedding anniversary and we had a great time. The location is very private, we were on our own the whole time. The setting is rustic, right next to an animal sanctuary. We had to bring water from a spigot nearby, but the host said they could do it for us if we wanted.

The tent is spacious and turned out to be the best feature when it started raining in the evening. We simply moved our camp chairs inside and listened to the rain and cicadas. Then later that night the sky cleared up and the stars were so beautiful, we could see the Milky Way.

The tent had everything we needed - a private toilet, a trash can, a water canister, a fire pit, chairs, a table, and a food storage box. One thing I would recommend is to bring a lamp, and a grill or a grilling grate, in case you want to cook.

The host was great, she was in touch with us prior to our arrival, met us at the gate and showed us the property.

This place is great for couples, but also for parents with younger children, who want to spend the night under the stars, but still in a comfort of a bed.

The road to the site is unpaved and probably requires a 4x4 vehicle to get there.