The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Malden-on-Hudson , NEW YORK

Most Recent Malden-on-Hudson Camping Reviews
Fantastic, spacious campground

This is an amazing campground! We had plenty of space and easy access to the lake. We went on a busy weekend and they are currently only operating at 50% capacity. I would recommend reserving a spot well in advance. This is a very large campground with multiple different areas. It has a good water pump and the bathrooms were well maintained and had a nice sink washing area.

Better than I expected

I had to make a last-minute reservation for a campsite on my drive back from Maine to DC on a Friday night in September, so was a bit worried about finding anywhere decent at all.  This campground was one of the few with any sites available, and I got the second last spot.  So I had pretty low expectations.

Actually this campground is pretty nice--the campsites are of a normal size, with enough rocks and trees between sites to provide a decent amount of privacy.  Again, my campsite was one of the worst, right on the road, but still not too bad.  It would have been pretty decent if every campsite around me hadn't been full, generally with families with a bunch of shrieking kids.  But that's a weekend in September…

There are also a limited number of campsites right on the water.  The lake is nice enough, although much of it is covered in lily pads.

Bathrooms are fine.

No wood for sale on-site, but there are several places nearby to get wood, and any other supplies you need.  The campsite is not exactly remote, I think it was about a 5 minute drive to a gas station with firewood and all manner of supplies.

I would definitely stay here during the week when it might be a bit quieter.

Great experience

Loop 6 is quite, water front view

Great for kids wish we stayed longer

There weren’t any boat rentals due to COVID, which was a big disappointment. The staff is super friendly, bathrooms clean. Awesome dishwashing stations. Hot high pressure showers. No WiFi or any cell service, but that made for a better trip with the kids. They gave us junior naturalist workbooks for the kids, and they turned them into the ranger station for review and got super cool patches. They cannot wait to return!

Needs work

This was our 3rd time here as its local to us. The place could use some maintenance…there was garbage at our site and on the roads and we checked in at 5pm which would have given them time to clean up our firepit. The roads to the main sites also need some branch trimming. -The teenage "staff" tooled around on KOA golf carts on their phones and oblivious to everything. Others flew around in their own carts without a care. -They have 2 pools which require signing up ahead of time for 1 hour slots…there is nothing wrong with this however they could accommodate more if they actually opened the 2nd pool, instead its green and gross. -There were also multiple sites up and still loud partying at 2am. I don't have a problem with staying up late at a fire, but just don't be as noisey. -if staying here and concerned about branches I'd suggest one of the pull through sites. Specifically 138, 146 and 145 have a nice concrete patio and nicer firepit if you want to spend a little more. Also be cautious of the "R" and "S" sites…its just a large gravel parking area with little to no shade. Would be okay for a quick overnight but not a vacation week.

Prime Catskill Camping

I’ve been coming to Uncle Pete’s for the last 15 years. Very reasonably priced and a 2 minute drive from the center of town. Car camping so you can park right next to where you sleep, makes dining and sleeping comfortable very easy. Plenty of creekside tent sites that offer a large section of riverfront. Large baseball field and playgrounds for kids. Each site comes with an electric hookup, fire pit and picnic tables. Cheap firewood can be bought up front at the bathrooms. Becky and Danny are super accommodating!!

Great family campground

This place is enormous. This is a NYS park run by DEC. They are very strict with quite hours which are from 10pm to 7am. The had a truck come around many times after 10pm to make sure everyone was quite. This is a great spot for young kids. I was warned about high black bear activity in the region and even had to sign a waiver acknowledging their presence and all the rules associated.

Each site had a fire pit with a grill on top of it and a picnic table. Sites are very close together but that didn’t bother me. There are bathrooms and showers, both very clean in every loop. Attached to the bathroom area is a large sink to wash dishes.

The north lake is under construction so there is not beach front there. Beware of staying in Loop 6 as you will probably hear the construction noises.

The north lake does however have a nice path alongside it and a spot to deploy a non motorized boat.

No cell service anywhere in the park or close by.

I highly recommend staying here.

My favorite place in NY

Campground is big and staff are very friendly and helpful, I have stayed a various sites and they where all spacious slate floor so having something soft if sleep in a tent is recommended. The park offers plenty of hiking trails with great views, Overlook mountain hotel site, you can also hike to katterskills falls it’s a long hike but worth it when you get to the falls if not you can drive down and park at the trail head parking mid way down the road to get to the katterskill falls trail. Make sure to stop at the general store on the corner they have everything you need and souvenirs to bring home..

Lots of things to do nearby.

Disclaimer- it's not actually in Newburgh or NYC. Its located in Ulster County. It's a convenient place to de-winterize and ensure all systems are working as it's actually in my town. Some sites are hard to get into and others are in more of a large parking lot, but I think that is for workers for local pipeline companies. They have been working on upgrades and adding more patio sites which does improve the place. They have lots of things to do for the kids and a fishing pond as well. Trips are organized to NYC and it's about a half hours drive to a metro north station if you wanted to take a train South. Not far from SUNY New Paltz, local wineries and apple orchards and it's a reasonable drive to Walkway over the Hudson and the bike baths that connect to it. It is located on a quiet road, however the property backs up to the NYS Thruway.

Excellent location.

Located just about a mile from Kaaterskill Falls this campground couldn’t be in a better spot. We had a wonderful weekend there. The restrooms were clean and had showers, which we did not expect.