The best RV SITES camping near
Herrings , NEW YORK

Most Recent Herrings Camping Reviews
Gross ,Dirty ,Owner was foul.

If your looking for a pot smoking drunk. You found the place. Grounds were nice. Bathrooms are dirty outdated cold 🥶. The owner doesn’t care about the place. Just getting your cash. This place is not on the up and up. Do not bring your kid’s here. Owner doesn’t watch his mouth in front of them. Place right out of the twilight zone.

Perfect for Thanksgiving

I headed up to Wellesley Island state park for the long Thanksgiving weekend with three teenagers (one girl and two boys). We rented cottage A, which was clean, spacious, warm and fully stocked with everything we needed. The fire pit outside was the only disappointment as it was well below ground level (on a sloping hill) so tending the fire was a difficult process and cooking on it was challenging. The Nature Center was open and lovely and every Saturday (even in off season) they organize hikes. The park itself was incredible - highly recommend the Eel Bay trail, which will take you past the glacial potholes a d along the striking coastline. We also checked out the North end of the park, near the marina and will probably go back in the summer and rent a cabin over there. There’s a store, laundromat and arcade, but all were closed either due to the time or year, or covid. Litter is a problem throughout the park which is really sad. We did our best to clean up what we could, but someone should organize a clean up, especially because lots of it must make it’s way into the St Lawrence :( The staff we met were all really friendly and helpful. The towns surrounding the park are economically struggling and we had to drive quite far to find a grocery store that was open. All restaurants within a 20 minute drive were closed for the season. We’ll definitely be back!

Beautiful Shores of Lake Ontario

This campground is part of the Long Point State Park, a long spit on the shore of Lake Ontario. Part of the Thousand Islands. The campground has some of the best amenities we have seen in a state park. Personal toilet, shower& sink are contained within separate rooms within the amenity block, perfect for couples and young families. They are new construction with plenty of room.

The park offers flat, grassy sites, all with fire rings& picnic tables. The camp office sells ice and firewood. The campground has its own boat ramp and dock. You can easily launch kayaks right from your campsite. It can get quite windy on the point so take a wind break or shelter.

Minimal phone reception at this one and they welcome furry friends!

Nicks Lake

Awesome campground

Small and completely gorgeous! Beach, wooded sites, great for everyone.

Soft Maple is a truly gorgeous small campground. Only about a dozen sites or so, first come first serve. Level sites for RVs or tent or hammock camping. Each site has a nice space with fire ring and picnic table. The beach is lovely and clean. There’s boat access for canoes and kayaks as this is part of the Beaver River route.

The entire campground is accessible, with gravel pack paths, and level sites.

Charlie is the caretaker here and everyone says he is the nicest person you’ll meet.  You can’t beat site number 11 for the perfect mix of treelined and water view!

There is space for RVs and a dump station but the sites do not have power or hookups.

If you come in to the campground from “number 4 road” (aka state rt. 26) it’s exactly five miles from the Left turn on to Soft Maple rd. If you have time, stop halfway- the 2.5 mile mark will bring you to the entrance for Eagle falls, a short hike with a fantastic reveal.

unclean, sites on top of each other

This campgrounds is used by my family and friends for years for a fishing tournament.  I don't often attend but I did this year.  The bathrooms didn't look clean at all.  At best, they look like they are cleaned weekly.  The toilet seats looked like they were stained from lack of proper cleaning.  The showers looked grimy as well.

Good people! Perfect location !

I’ve been here 6 times over 10 or so years. Very nice. Bathrooms are clean. Bears are active!!! I’m a huge fan!

Rip-off

*If you like RV resorts and places where people drive around in golf carts, disregard my review, you will  probably love this place

OK, I hadn't planned to stay in an RV resort, but was unpleasantly surprised to find that the two nearby state parks I had hoped to stay at were not accepting campers without reservations in September 2020.  So I was kind of desperate for a place to stay after a long drive.

So I found this place nearby.  They gave me a tent spot for $70 (?!).  About 10 yards to the next campsite in either direction, zero privacy, although luckily all the other tent sites were empty, because I was the only tent camper fool enough to stay here.  The campsite was also right on a road, with vehicles and golf carts whizzing by all the time.

The place is really more of a cottage/mobile home community, although there were also some RVs while I was there.

The only reason I've given this place two stars instead of one is that it is on Lake Ontario, although of course don't expect to see the lake from your over-priced tent site.  They also don't allow dogs on the beach.

Probably the worst-value, and worst, place I've ever stayed, for what I was looking for.  Again, if you like RV resorts, please disregard my review, you'll probably love it.

Gorgeous park to explore a natural gorge!

Whitaker park is such a fabulous place to spend a picnic day or stay for a few! Wide open flat fields for kickball or baseball and a view of the Adirondack foothills, spread out a blanket and read, play on the jungle gym or cook a great lunch on the grills at the pavilion.

Clean bathrooms with showers, sites for tents and rv’s, and a breathtaking trail to overlooks and waterfalls.

Big campground with plenty to do

This campground is massive and the park is beautiful. We stayed in the C loop at site # The site was large enough to fit our 27’ camper and had ample room off the side for entertaining. (We were able to set up 2 canopies, have our awning fully extended, set up a 6 person tent, an area for the kids to play on and area for corn-hole). This site has electric hookups. There is a water Spicket near by but you need at least 150’ worth of hose to reach it. Just a short walk from the campsite you’ll find a pleasant little cove-like beach. Within the park you’ll find a general store that offers laundry, soft serve ice cream and an arcade, a beach for swimming, a large marina, and even a nature museum (which has fantastic walking trails near by) Each loop seems to have their own unique playground which are large and well built. Off the island we visited 2 wineries (the Thousand Islands Winery and Coyote Moon Winery)