The best YURTS camping near
Cedro , NEW MEXICO

Most Recent Cedro Camping Reviews
Great spot with a few oddities

This RV park is owned and operated by the Town of Bernalillo, a community about 15 miles north of Albuquerque(where we live) and is right next to Coronado State Monument, the ruins of an old Pueblo. It is right on the banks of the Rio Grande, but the river is not easily accessible from here. There are some sites that have great river views(A- D), but these sites are very small and have minimal hookups. Most of the sites here are gigantic, with lovely picnic areas. Not just a table, but a table under a fully stuccoed covering. We got a huge rainstorm the night we were there, and we sat in the shelter and watched Mother Nature's show and didn't get a drop on us. It was great. There are lots of mature trees in the area, so you'll get plenty of opportunity for shade as well.

We were in Site 4, one of 6 50amp pull through sites(although the camp host gets Site 1, so there are really only 5 such sites). Electric was easy to reach…water everywhere appears to be on the OTHER side of the site, so I was very glad to have my second hose on hand to reach it. There is no sewer on the sites themselves, but if you're staying there, the easily accessible dump station is included in the price.

The sites are blacktop and at first glance appear level, but when we actually put our levels down, we discovered there was a significant slope. Actually caused our passenger rear tires to be up in the air, which caused us to need to move around the site a little bit. Not a major deal, but I was frankly surprised.

The camp hosts were friendly enough, but they drive around in their golf carts quite frequently, and really seem interested in seeing what you're up to. I was grilling on my little propane grill, and they slowed down and really took a long look at what I was doing. Later, we were sitting outside(right before the rain) and again, a sloooow drive-by. Seemed a little much for a couple of 50-somethings. I'm glad they take safety seriously, but I didn't feel super welcome either.

But we'll go here again. It's right next to one of the best breweries in the area(Bosque Brewing) and I certainly like being able to walk to the spot. When the monument reopens, we'll be able to make a day of hiking, beer drinking and watching the scenery.

Greedy

Couldn’t stay due to Covid-19 restrictions imposed by state governor.  The owners would not refund deposit.

Overpriced and Cramped

We were very disappointed and only stayed one night. Campsites were cramped to the point that our neighbor’s picnic table was approximately 3 feet from ours. The website stated that they were only operating at 50% capacity. Probably not the best choice if you are trying to social distance during these times.

Very well kept

Stayed here for a week with the family close to Santa Fe and Pecos national forest. Managers very friendly and can be quite entertaining if you hang around for a bit. Spaces are a bit tight if you have slide outs. Great place to stay and relax.

Nothing to see here.

Well, if you tired and you need to stop for a night, this is the place . Cozy place, no trees, no shades. Clean places, plenty of spaces.

Clean sites

This seemed to be one of the better KOA grounds I’ve been to. There were a lot of trees and the place was super clean. The shop was well stocked and pleasant. The only con was how close the sites were to one another. It felt like we were on top of one another but everyone was friendly and respectful!

Definitely a must stay!

Traveling along I-40 and needed a stopover for the night. I called and talked to one of the friendliest ladies. We arrived after hours, but it was well lit and easy to set up. I highly recommend this RV park to anyone who wants easy access from I-40, a clean campground and friendly service at a great price!

Just what we needed

This quaint campground is full of charm. We got in just before the Governor changed the rules so visitors must quarantine for 14 days so they were closing the campground to out of state campers. The sites are mostly level and each site has a covered picnic table and an artificial grass mat. The site we had, had a view of the Rio Grand (not so grand anymore) and is convenient to I 25 so getting around was easy. The bathrooms are clean but need some minor repairs, they also are not air conditioned so pick your shower/bathroom times carefully or it will feel like a sauna. I think we got a special rate because of the pandemic. Water is on one side of the pad, electricity on the other but it was not a problem when we positioned our camper. Overall a great experience

Perfect RV park for visitors to ABQ area.

So, I love the covered seating areas here, and the bathrooms were clean and warm! The gentleman at the front desk was pleasant. A short walk to the Rio Grande and beautiful views of the Sandia Mountains.

Compact campground with pull thru sites

Stopped by this KOA to see what it offered for possible future stays. It's a compact campground that provides pull through sites as well as back-in and tent sites. They offer everything from 50 amp electric to cable TV. Sites are clean and neat. There's a dog park for your pets. Bathrooms are clean with hot showers. They have cabins available as well.

Great location for exploring Sandra Fe, Bandelier, and other national monuments.