the dyrt
About Nevada Beach Campground and Day Use Pavilion
Nevada Beach Campground and Day Use Pavilion sits in the Lake Tahoe Basin of Nevada. Minutes from the bright blue water of Tahoe's eastern shores, campsites are nestled in a sparse forest of pine trees and evergreen shrubs. The lake and its sandy beaches provides ample recreation opportunities and restaurants and casinos are just moments away. Recreation Just minutes away from the campground, 22-mile-long Lake Tahoe provides sunbathing, swimming, boating and water skiing. Anglers can look forward to healthy fish populations of kokanee salmon and mackinaw, rainbow and brown trout. Nearby, the 2.6-mile Lam Wa Tah Trail traverses the perimeter of the lake, providing scenic views and opportunities for exploration. Facilities The campground offers dozens of campsites, available for tent and RV camping. Some sites are in wooded areas and others are not, many of the sites have a view of the lake. Areas on the loop furthest from the lake provide the most privacy between campsites and all parking aprons are paved. Each site is equipped with tables, campfire rings and grills. Accessible flush toilets and drinking water are provided. The Nevada Beach Pavilion is a timber framed covered roof with open air sides. It is available for reservations for groups up to 150 people. It has 10 picnic tables and 3 large BBQ stations. It is located on the beach with beautiful views of Lake Tahoe and the surrounding mountains. Natural Features The campground is located on the California-Nevada state line, adjacent to the popular and beautiful Lake Tahoe, at an elevation of 6,100 feet. Tall pines have left a bed of dry needles on the ground and the lake is visible from most sites within the campground. The nearby Nevada Beach is less than a mile long and is wider than any other beach on the lake. Its subdued atmosphere is a welcomed characteristic, as visitors come to enjoy the peace and quite of the mountain landscape. Nearby Attractions Restaurants and casinos can be found in the nearby Nevada city of Stateline. ADA Access: N
Fee Info
PAVILION FEES $155.00 PER HALF DAY ON WEEK DAYS $305.00 PER HALF DAY ON WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS PLUS A $100 REFUNDABLE CLEANING DEPOSIT
National Forest
Nevada Beach Campground and Day Use Pavilion is located in Nevada
Directions
Nevada Beach Campground and Day Use Pavilion is located 2 miles east of the California-Nevada state line, on Highway 50.
4 Reviews of Nevada Beach Campground and Day Use Pavilion
beautiful campground

This campground was one of the nicest I've come across. It's right on the California-nevada state line near Lake Tahoe. In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful places in the US. A lot of the campsites have a view of the lake. They have sites for tents and RVs. The bathrooms are nice and there's fresh drinking water. There are some public grills to use. Really nice amenities at this place.

I personally just love lake Tahoe. Amazing hiking around the lake. Mount Tallac is a killer but gorgeous hike. Go stand on the line between Nevada and California like I did! In the winter this place is awesome too, because the ski resort has some great runs.

Peaceful and Breezy

Campground right on Nevada Beach shore of Lake Tahoe. Very quiet where we were with little to no traffic noise. We were right near Dog Beach where your pooch can play on the beach unleashed. We camped the first weekend the campground opened. Things were still a bit wet (standing water that we had to use a board to cross to get to the bathrooms) but the beautiful weather and quiet campground made up for it. I wish it opened earlier in the season before Tahoe becomes packed. It was easy to just stay at the camp and avoid the crowds. No showers.

Snow on the lake

This was the first stop on my National park road trip. Not an N.P. but it was the perfect distance for my first leg from Eugene,Or.

I got into camp in early afternoon to find it snowing; in early May. I was hoping that I had waited long enough to avoid too much snow. Luckily it stopped just as I was finishing my tent setup. It didn't stick in the campgrounds, but dusted the mountains nicely.

This campground was on the smaller side, I lucked out it being off season, I was able to score a site. At $33 it was a little steeper than I was expecting for a tent site, but It was well worth it. It was a short walk to the sandy lake beach and awesome mountain views. I can only imagine how busy this place gets in the winter. There were hiking trails nearby, unfortunately I hadn't the time or energy as I had to continue on my journey early in the morn. I imagine they would have breathtaking views.

Each site had tables and firepits. I don't recall water bibs, but I had already planned ahead and brought my own. They had a covered group area where I'm sure many weddings have taken place.

There were nice clean flush restrooms and garbage/recycling areas.

Great place to play Beach Volleyball

This is a great place to swim, set up a beach net, and get a tan. Overall the campgrounds are clean. Sometimes you get some ruffians about but they usually only show up at night.