South Van Buren , MISSOURI

Most Recent South Van Buren Camping Reviews
Our favorite!

We loved this clean and beautiful campground! We stayed in the fall and the colors were amazing. Our kids loved climbing all over the shut-ins. We have already planned to return in the summer to swim! Well maintained facilities and the store had everything you could need. Nice paved sites that have picnic tables & fire pits.

Huge!

Very large, open place with the river close to most campers. I never floated here but I'm sure it's quite the party!

Perfect Tent Primative

Gorgeous quiet area by the river. Great easy hiking. We stayed at group camp and it was just my husband, me and our dog.

nice site

nice place beautiful and friendly people but too many trains lol but worth it for the memories

Great Missouri SP

Just spent the weekend with my family at Sam A Baker (SAB). We stayed at campground 2. Spot 145 and had plenty of shade and space. There are two traditional camps and one equestrian. The park is crowded but that’s because of how great it is. Lots of paved walk/bike trails around the park. If you forget your bike no problem you can rent one for $5 a day! The visitors center was neat. The general store has everything you need and a restaurant attached where you can get breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent some time on the gravel bar which was a short walk from our campsite. The water on Big Creek was clear, shallow, and not too cold. I would recommend this state park to any family looking to camp.

Perfect Family Campground

The state of missouri does an amazing job providing opportunities for families to enjoy the beauty of nature. Nature programs for kids and parents to learn. Well kept facilities. The ice cream is just a bonus. This is by far my favorite campsite for the kids.

Beautiful crystal clear Black River

Parks Bluff Campground is huge fields made into a camp ground. They have a noisy section, but definitely is an active place to stay. These sites are nestled up against the most beautiful Black River. You can drive you vehicle right up to the river and play. The river make this worth the camp.

Great swimming hole!

We went with the whole fam to Sam A Baker. Shower houses were conveniently located in camping area. Big River was just a small walk away from the campsite. I know they had been flooded, but I am still cleaning rocks and dirt from the camper. They had a nice camp store and were very friendly. Mostly electric sites. A few full hookups close to the front of the campground. Nice paved roads and larger than normal sites. It was during a pandemic, but bathrooms were pretty clean. Will definitely go again.

Fantastic

Great camping!  Flat spots.  Mostly shaded.  Nice hosts.  Bathrooms close to all the spots.  Shower facilities nice.  Great swimming holes (recommend checking out the bluff hole).  Ranger programs on the weekends were very informative and friendly.  Can't wait to go back!

We Like it a lot

Very nice place to stay riverside. Great Price. Tubes canoes and kayaks available for rent. Friendly staff