The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
McSwain , MISSISSIPPI

Most Recent McSwain Camping Reviews
Beautiful lake view

Second time at Flint Creek in Wiggins Mississippi. Stayed during the middle of January of 2021 on site 29.

The back of the site backs up to the lake, with plenty of beach to fish or hangout. This site would be perfect during the summer if you wanted to swim. The site had full hookups with 50amp connection. Plenty of space between sites. Also there are several shower/restrooms located throughout the Seneca Campground.

Only thing negative about the site was that it was not level. I had to add an extra step to get in and out of my travel trailer.

Will definitely go back.

Subpar at best

Primitive campsite had lots of trash on the ground (kids socks, plastic, toilet paper). Port-o-pottys were disgusting. Stayed one night on my cross country drive and it was one night too many.

Nice and quiet

Site 141 was in a very wooded area at the far end of all three RV areas. We stayed during the second weekend of Dec. weather was brisk with a small amount of rain on Saturday. Had a beautiful view of the water where you could fish. This spot was so quiet and peaceful, no road noise was heard the entire 3 days. There were a few other campers in neighboring spots but the rest of the area was sparsely packed.

The only issue I had with the spots were they were all uneven, but somehow I was able to level my 37’ travel trailer on the first try without any leveling aids.

The only thing I had negative review of was how low the water spigot was in the ground. But overall I would stay in this exact spot again.

Worth the money

My boyfriend and I car camp and try to stay in primitive areas for the lesser (or no) fees. This site was $15 for primitive camping but included a water spigot as well as port-o-potties. There were also fire rings at each camping site.

We stayed here during Halloween and it was pretty crowded. We prefer more secluded camping sites, and this campground provides plenty of space despite being so packed. There were several RV campgrounds that had decorations and trick-or-treating.

We didn’t have any problems with rowdy kids or quiet time. Everybody was mostly respectful. We did encounter coyote, deer, and lots of talkative geese, so be prepared for some wildlife interaction.

Small but fun

Waterpark is lake fed so not crystal clear water but clean and fun

Tons of sites and something for everyone!

Flint creek has TONS of sites with full hook ups in 30 and/or 50 amp and even a primitive (water only) tent sites. Different sections allow folks to feel like they are away from the crowds.  Price is absolutely reasonable and there is night security by staff and local law enforcement.

The water park has a ton of slides and will keep kids young and old entertained sliding down the hill into the lake.

Several swimming holes and boat ramps lets you enjoy the lake however you want.

Nice and Woodsy

Flint Creek has a little of everything for everyone. There’s a large lake which is good fishing (there’s a boat launch in the park and in the campground itself) beach swimming areas (one for day use and the other for the campers) there’s an updated water park with slides and a lazy river. The water for this is pumped in from the lake so it’s not a fresh blue water like in a swimming pool! There’s a section of first come first served campsites and a section of reservation only sites. All the sites are blacktopped and are very nice. The bathhouses could use some attention though. The town of Wiggins has lots of restaurants and grocery stores very close by.

Great for Overnight

While maybe not a destination site, it’s great for overnighting. We’ve stayed here for an overnight several years in a row on our way to Gulf Shores from Central AR. Concrete pads, full hookups, excellent satellite reception throughout the park. The RV Park is adjacent to a multi purpose facility. Rodeo, barrel racing, concerts, gatherings, etc. In our stops here, the park has never been more than a 1/3 occupied. Plenty of spaces to choose from. Payment is the honor system. $20 on the way out!

Awesome weekend camp

This camp was pretty awesome for free really, it was clean restrooms..clean water.. no electricity but that was okay we chose campsite #1 because it was the only site on the side of the river. Site #1 had it’s own little paths down to the river however I’d recommend walking down the gravel road to the sandbar. Overall I WILL continue to come here

Great place to camp!

This is a great place to camp. Swimming, boating, hiking, fishing, and small playground available. The water park is not anything “great”, but it’s something for little kids ($12) per person.