About West Alaska Resort
$25.00 - $100.00
West Alaska Resort is located in Minnesota
2 Reviews of West Alaska Resort
- Very small family run resort made up of 3 cabins and ~10 seasonal campsites.
- The campground is directly on Balm lake. There are beautiful views of the lake from the dock. This makes a great place to watch sunrises and sets. There are canoes, paddle boats, and kayaks for guests to use.
- Keith is a very friendly and helpful host. He provides firewood and is wants his guests to feel at home.
- I stayed in the small camping cabin for 3 weeks while interning at the hospital in Red Lake. There is electric, a small couch, a tv with ~15 channels, hot plate, coffee pot, bunk bed (full on bottom, twin on top, and a half wall for privacy separating the living area from the sleeping area. Keith provides everything you need from linens, towels, broom, vacuum, pots, first aid kit, trash can, paper products and dishes were in the cabin (although we brought our own and left them behind to add to the stash), and even firewood for evening campfires.
- Excellent location for nature sightings. The lake has an eagle’s nest, fishing, and loons. You know you’re in the north when you can sit outside and listen to the loons calling on a summer evening. -This definitely not where you should go if you want to be pampered or stay in a fancy cabin, but if you don’t mind roughing it and love to be on the water, then this is the place to stay!
Great for fishing
Small private resort. Has 4 cabins for rent and also seasonal campsites. And 3-4 drive in/back in sites. Very quaint.