The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Wedgewood , MICHIGAN

Most Recent Wedgewood Camping Reviews
Great

Great place

Rustic camping at finest!

Dispersed camping and camp sites available. There are horse staging areas and hiking trails. The lake is nice, small enough for a kayak/ no motor boat, nice.

Relaxing, current and fun

I haven’t been camping in years and was very apprehensive about this. This place was absolutely the best place and probably has ruined me for camping life. The shower stalls were individual and clean, the area was filled with campers and RV’s and everyone was SO friendly and the place was full of dog lovers. I would highly recommend this place to check out and know I’ll be back again!

Camping for everyone!!

Turtle Lake is a perfect mix of campers! Very family friendly, but spaced out well enough for privacy. They have a nice beach area and areas to fish. All sites provide a good amount of shade. We will definitely be staying here again! They also have a separate equestrian camping area that have water and electric hookup sites.

One of our ur favorites

This is one our favorite campgrounds that isn’t a state park. Clean, well kept, lots of trees. The lake is great for kayaking or small fishing boats. Office staff super nice. Small, but nice beach. We took my mom & nieces two years ago. Last year tried somewhere different and they asked to go back to Turtle Lake.

Great Place!

Great place to stay! Pit toilets and pump water stations. Beautiful lake with cool islands! Campsites are large and fairly separated! Can’t wait to go back!

All You Need

I absolutely love this campground. I’ve camped there twice this summer and each time I enjoy it. Lake Dubonnet Trail Camp has the basic rustic camping necessities. Outhouses near each circle, spickit with really good water, hiking trails, boat launch and even a nearby island you can kayak to and let the dogs roam free! (Mine sure loves it) The campsites themselves have lots of space, privacy and a fire pit. This place is the bees knees. I’ll be back. :)

Love this little place

Quiet, not populated, and beautiful views. I’ve solo camped here a few times and it’s great for early morning paddles and peaceful relaxation. There is a boat launch right near by, but most of the sites have their own path right down to the water. Rustic style camping which includes a picnic table and fire pit and there are a few vault toilets throughout the area. Self registration for $15 per night.

Great and easy

First come first serve sites, but it’s a super awesome place to go when everything else is booked.

Fine for a night

Trail camp but no horses the night I was there. Lots of open space, spots aren’t really numbered. A couple nice hike/bike trails spur off the campground. Lots of traffic in the area through the night (ORV and mudding trucks). Bathrooms are nice. Only a few water front spots.