Camping in Stutsmanville

272 Reviews of 24 Stutsmanville, Michigan Campgrounds

Sasha K.
Reviewed Jun. 11, 2021

It's convenient

There's nothing wrong with the campground, but there's nothing particularly special about it, either.  It's a decent basic campground close to Mackinaw City, so a good alternative for folks that don't want to stay in a hotel/motel, while visiting.  There is a shuttle to the ferries, which is…

Melissa M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2021

Beautiful trails and scenic sites

Unfortunately this campground is one we don’t see a need to return to. It’s worth a one time visit but is missing several key things we enjoy about camping.

Pros: Campground shares a common area with the light house, walking over to the lighthouse was a fun experience. The new playground was a…

• layer of film but Beautiful views
  • playground
jodi L.
Reviewed Jun. 8, 2021

Young State Park

Very friendly staff and clean park. Family friendly and pet friendly, beach was close by and clean. Reservations were very easy to make online and allows you to pick your site.

John N.
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Clean, fun and GORGEOUS!

Make a reservation well in advance. Bathroom facilities were beautifully clean, fun yard games to borrow, kayaks to rent. Decent sized sites- some directly on the lake with access and beach. Use the map to pick the best one! Picnic table and fire pit. Easy to find. Highly rec.

D
Reviewed Jun. 2, 2021

Amazing camping spot

This park has become our go-to place. The location is very secluded, but also close to Mackinaw if you are in the mood to go out for dinner. There are also a ton of places to visit within about an hour’s drive.

The campground itself is clean and generally low key. Virtually no partiers running…

Noah S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 28, 2021

Our “Traditional” Spot

My family and I have been camping here since I was 4 (I’m....much older than that now!). I have been taking my 3 sons here since my oldest was 5 (he’s 16 now). This is “our” place for R&R! Miles and miles of trails for day hikes, soft sandy beaches and cool water in the Straights, kayak-able,…

Alyssa R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Simply the best!!

We’ve been here twice now and absolutely love it!! The beautiful scenic bike rides and sunsets over the bridge are to die for! The camp store has everything you might need. The staff is super friendly and the playgrounds are great!

Vinay T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 21, 2021

Gorgeous shoreside camping

This place is beautiful! Stayed at site 27, right on the beach and the views, the sounds, and the breeze couldn't be beat!

Molly E.
Reviewed May. 16, 2021

Beautiful rustic park!

I love this campground! It's absolutely beautiful!

David G.
Reviewed May. 7, 2021

Great place to stay

This place was great. We went with about 4 other couples and the shuttle they have to the island ferry’s is great. They even haul your bikes there for you. The location is great. All in all a nice campground.

GThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 3, 2021

Classic family fun.

My family has been coming to Cheboygan/Onaway

MI for as long as I can remember. This campsite is always clean, comfortable and fun. It is perfect for a getaway right on the water in a beautiful park. Especially in the fall this park is beautiful!! I will always come back to this park. I hold it…

SiteOnaway state park
Emily K.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2021

The absolute dream campground, but don't tell anyone

We stayed at sites 5 and 27 one weekend in September, and it was picture perfect. There are very few places where you can stay right on Lake Michigan, and the views can't beat. We love Northport and the surrounding areas, and hope this place stays kept secret as long as possible.

Site5/27
J
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2021

Waterfront Camping at its Best

My fiance and I have been here multiple times over the last 3 years and have never been disappointed.  The beach allows for a relaxing day near the water and easy access to launch our kayaks. Clean bathrooms, accommodating staff, always wonderful!

Sydney H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Quiet Gem

This campground was quiet and peaceful. The owners are some of the sweetest I’ve ever met and they keep the campground clean and kept up. There is a small area for swimming and a bathroom house on the property. Loved staying here. Lots of trails nearby.

Sydney H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2021

Camping with Views of Mackinaw Bridge

This campground is beautiful any time of year I have camped there many times before. There are great private tent sites as well as larger sites for groups. The facilities were modern and very clean! There are water and electric hook ups for campers and RVs. Short hike to the beach with the best…