the dyrt
Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Lane Cove Campground
Lane Cove Campground is located in Lane Cove, on the north shore of Isle Royale National Park, off of the Lane Cove Trail. Consecutive night stay limit is three nights. There are five individual tent sites available. No boat access. Canoe/kayak access. ADA Access: Uneven, rough terrain throughout campground. Facilities are not accessible.
Hike In
National Park Service
Lane Cove Campground is located in Michigan
Directions
Lane Cove Campground is located in Lane Cove, on the northeast end of Isle Royale National Park (along Lake Superior), off of the Lane Cove Trail.
2 Reviews of Lane Cove Campground
Quiet Scenic Campground

One of the most scenic campgrounds on Isle Royale. Difficult hike downhill to the cove, but worth it. Only a handful of campsites so arrive early if possible. super quiet, and lots of beavers around!

Wonderful, secluded sites on Lake Superior

Of the three places I pitched my tent on Isle Royale, Lane Cove was my favorite. It is about four miles one way to get here, and because it's not part of any loop there are usually fewer people down here. You have lovely views of Lake Superior. The campground is quite large and tent sites are all pretty far from one another. Some tent sites are flatter than others. Water comes from Lake Superior, and I believe most if not all tent sites have direct access to the lake. We heard a family of moose tromp through the forest in the night, and saw them browsing on our hike back to the ferry the next morning. The view of the sunset from our camp was gorgeous, and I would highly recommend spending a night at Lane Cove.