$7 - $60 / night

Lane Cove Campground

3 Reviews

About This Campground

National Park Service

Lane Cove Campground is located in Lane Cove, on the north shore of Isle Royale National Park, off of the Lane Cove Trail. The Lane Cove Trail can be accessed via the Greenstone Ridge Trail. Stay Limit: 1 night effective June 1 – September 17 annually Access: Foot/canoe/kayak. No boat access.

Add Campground Info

Ratings Breakdown

• 3
D
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

A hike that changed my life

My trip to Isle Royale was my first backpacking trip ever. My partner and I took the Queen IV ferry into Rock Harbor and then hike the 7 or something miles to Lane Cove. It was a tough hike, but well worth it. We saw a moose ahead of us on our way to the campsite, which I imagine would be the same…

• Do NOT forget a camera. Disposables will not do justice obvi. Still Better than nothing.
SiteThird or fourth from the left as you walk into the campground. I believe there are only five or six sites. Each has enough room for 2-3 tents.
Julianne  M.
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2018

Quiet Scenic Campground

One of the most scenic campgrounds on Isle Royale. Difficult hike downhill to the cove, but worth it. Only a handful of campsites so arrive early if possible. super quiet, and lots of beavers around!

Danielle A.
Reviewed Sep. 28, 2016

Wonderful, secluded sites on Lake Superior

Of the three places I pitched my tent on Isle Royale, Lane Cove was my favorite. It is about four miles one way to get here, and because it's not part of any loop there are usually fewer people down here. You have lovely views of Lake Superior. The campground is quite large and tent sites are all…

• A bird perched atop one of the site's sittin' logs
  • View from our camp
  • Bull moose seen on the hike out of Lane Cove

Lane Cove Campground is located in Michigan

Directions

Lane Cove Campground is located in Lane Cove, on the northeast end of Isle Royale National Park (along Lake Superior), off of the Lane Cove Trail.

Coordinates