Yurts
Water Unknown
About Frost Mountain Yurts

Come enjoy luxurious camping in the quiet woods of Maine. Situated on our 57 acres of land, our 4 eco-friendly yurts are nestled in thier own very private setting. Come relax by the outdoor fire pit or inside by the woodstove. Out your door step are hikes with fantastic views of the White Mountains, mountain biking and private XC ski & snowshoe trails. Each yurt is fully furnished and insulated for year round use and they are each a short walk into the woods.

Price
$115.00
Private
Hike In
Frost Mountain Yurts is located in Maine
3 Reviews of Frost Mountain Yurts
Ranger Review: Banner and Oak Evergreen Hat at Frost Mountain Yurts

Campground Review:

Yurts!! I’ve always have wanted to stay in a yurt, but we don’t see to many around down in the south where I live, so when this opportunity came up I jumped on it and it was amazing!

Making reservations directly through The Dyrt for this stay was very simple and I received my confirmation from the location host in less than 2 hours.

Frost Mountain Yurts has four yurts for rent in the Brownsfield, ME area and is open year round. Check-in is at the barn at the top of the hill where we were greeted by the host. The host was kind enough to answer any questions we had before we ventured off. After check-in, you have a little hike to complete before you reach your yurt. Three of the four yurts are a short 0.1 mile hike into the woods and the forth is about a half mile walk in. Carts area available (or sleds in the winter months) to help move your gear ito your yurt and the trails & yurts are well marked. Two of the yurts are close to one another and connected by a trail, so would be good for a larger group.

We rented the Mountain View Yurt, which was the half mile hike in. After completing our hike in we were amazed by the beauty of the land this yurt was placed on. Outside, the yurt had a large connected deck with Adirondack style chairs, gas grill, fire pit area, hammock, two large jugs of non-potable water (you have to provide your own drinking water), two tiki torches, a dish washing station, porta-potty, and sun shower area. Inside there are two full size futons and 4 twin size bunks (you have to bring your own linen or sleeping bags). Also inside is a large table, wood stove, and kitchen area with a three-burner gas stove, a gas lantern, and all the kitchen cooking and eating necessities except the food. You can literally show up to this place with your clothes, food/water, and sleeping bag/linens and everything else needed is provided. There are also detailed instructions for using all the equipment if you are not familiar with it.

Trash bags are provided. Trash and recycle cans are by the barn where you checked in.

I know many may be concerned when you hear porta-potty, but this was the cleanest one I’ve ever seen! It stays as clean as you keep it.

Each yurt has tons of firewood available for either the outdoor fire pit or the inside wood stove.

The yurts do not have any electricity, so plan ahead with your phone changed up in your car (if you really need it) and batteries for any other powered devices. We found good cell phone service with Verizon throughout the property. The yurts did not have wi-fi.

Although I could just spend all my time relaxing at the yurt, we did explore the area a little and found it to be an outdoor paradise. There is some hiking at the yurts and much more in the area. The Saco River winds around the area and offers many spots to take a dip, float in a tube, go kayaking, or go fishing. In the winter months, many of the trails become snow machine and cross country skiing trails. We really enjoyed our stay here and are already trying to figure out another road trip from Alabama to visit again.

----------------------------

Product Review:

As a Ranger for The Dyrt, I get to test products. At this yurt, I tested the Banner and Oak Evergreen Hat. This hat from Banner and Oak is very stylish and comes in a cool gray color. The hat is trucker style hat with black mesh in the back and embroidered graphic on the front. The embroidered graphic is styled after a ranger patch and includes an evergreen (hence the name). This hat has an adjustable back so it fits most. I found this hat to be very comfortable and besides wearing it here at this yurt, I wore it the entire two and half week road trip I was on. It held up great on the trip with no issues at all. And best of all, it’s made in the USA!

Frost Mountain Yurts official photos

Photos from Frost Mountain Yurts official website.

heaven

More glamping than what I'd call "camping", but far & away our favorite place to go!!