The best YURTS camping near
Livingston , KENTUCKY

Most Recent Livingston Camping Reviews
Pipes froze over, no running water

Camped for a few days in late March for a climbing trip (no fires at Miguels). It snowed the pipes froze over so none of the facilities were working. I'm sure it's super nice in the summer.

Hanson’s Point

Hanson’s point at the red river gorge is often called the best view of the Gorge. To get to Hanson’s point you’ll have to earn it by hiking for about 2.5 miles, but trust me when I say it’s worth it. The campsites at Hanson’s Point are primitive campsites, so make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need for your stay. Here are the coordinates to the parking lot. Type in the coordinates into your GPS and it will take you right to it!

37.80528, -83.65528

To easily stay on the trial, I recommend downloading the AllTrails apps. Enjoy!

Tarr Ridge

The Tarr Ridge parking area is located on highway 77 on Tarr ridge rd in the red river gorge. Here are the coordinates for the parking lot. 37.85293, -83.64191 Just type it in your gps system and it will take you straight there! From the parking lot I suggest using the ALL TRAILS app to stay on the right trail. Here are the coordinates for the lookout at Tarr Ridge 37.83655, -83.63935.

The hike in is around 2 miles and pretty flat for the most part. It’s totally worth it once you see the view!

Don’t forget to stop at the Shell gas station in Slade Ky to get your parking permit. Enjoy!

Star Gap Arch

Star Gap Arch at the Red River Gorge has two designated campsites on the trail, to the arch. We camped in the closest spot to the arch which is about 250 ft away.

This is a dispersed camping area. So bring EVERYTHING you need!

From the parking lot of the Auxier Ridge Trailhead, Star Gap is a 1.25 mi easy hike with some small obstacles along the way.

Bring your camera with, you’re going to want to take some family pics. Enjoy the view!! ✌🏻

The Veranda

This campsite is on the Veranda trail and is roughly 2 miles out at the RRG. Dispersed camping so bring everything you need! It’s a challenging hike so pack light. Make sure you walk the trail to the very end the view is amazing :)

Very Nice Campground

We stayed in tent site 19. I think it is definitely the best site in the campground. Sites 19 and 20 are a couple of the only sites with any privacy. Site 19 is a walk in (down) but the site itself is huge and the tent platform is built out on a rock outcrop. Overall the campground is nice but the other sites are very close together. The rangers/camp hosts came by while we were gone to warn us about bear activity in the campground, you do need to be careful with food. We went to see the moonbow so it was fairly busy while we were there. We also took a hike to Eagles Falls where it seems to be clothing optional swimming…lol It didn’t bother us but just an FYI. We had a very relaxing 3 days at Cumberland Falls, would definitely recommend it.

Breath taking

Backcountry camping at its finest. Beautiful trails. Literally a new site around every corner. The gorge underground is a great adventure. Trails are marked and clear the best they can be for being a natural area. Will be back many more times

Red River Gorge kayak/camp trip

I should start out by saying we found this camp site while kayaking on a creek branched from the Red River at the Gorge.

The coordinates are
37°49'22.1"N 83°37'34.7"W

I’m sure you can get there by trail, but we took a different route 🤙🏻🚣🏼‍♂️

The campsite is primitive style camping. So make sure you bring EVERYTHING you need to eat, drink, to be comfortable and to have a good time! Also be prepared to do your paperwork in the wild 💩🤣

*The jumping rock is less than a half mile upstream from camp. If the water levels are high enough, I highly recommend a cannonball competition! 🌊

Have fun, stay safe and pick up your trash ,Wayne Hawk

campground near falls

This small campground is good only for small campers(20ft or smaller). The spots are uneven and many backup to a large hill. Some spots have decks. Be sure to bring an extension cord if you want to use power. The hookups are too far away. It was quiet and wooded. The best part is the proximity to Cumberland falls. ( .8 miles)

Very Rude and Unprofessional

My wife, two friends, and I all own our own kayaks and decided to go to the Gorge one afternoon. We usually put in at the normal kayak put in and pull out at the parking lot that is located near jump rock. The parking lot happened to be closed due to corona so we drove down to Red River Adventure to see how much it would be to park one car there so we could drive our other to the put in. A woman came out and we asked how much to just park our car there since we already had our own kayaks. She immediately got an attitude with my wife, I’m assuming since we weren’t going to rent their kayaks, and said it would be $15 to park. Then she said we would also have to pay an additional $5 per kayak to pull out our own kayaks since it’s their private pull out. Which is fine, but we weren’t trying to spend a lot of money since we had brought all our own supplies. We told her we were going to try to find another pull out near by, but we might we back. That’s when she really got an attitude with us and told us, “good luck finding parking and do NOT pull out on their land”. We left and drove 1/4 of a mile down the road and found parking and a pull out that was perfect. She was so rude to us for no reason and we will not be using them or recommending them to any more of our friends in the future.