The best EQUESTRIAN camping near

• Orange Sun

Get 3 Months Free
Most Recent Craintown Camping Reviews
Weekend away

It was a good enough trip. Staff was friendly. The only spot available was in the equine section, we set up there. Those spots are too close together. There was a group next to us that was really loud and foul mouthed late into the evening. Lake can be enjoyed if you have a boat or rent one, not much shoreline accessibility.

This was our first trip

I don’t have any other experiences to compare this trip with so in my rookie opinion I thought it was a nice clean campground. The guys at the entrance were very nice and the bath house was clean.

A Great Place to Camp

Southern hospitality! Has horse camping with covered stalls. Great trails on Green River Lake State Park for hiking, biking & horses. Located close to boat ramps. You’ll be glad you chose Green River Stables!

Decent campground

Nice campground. Not very big though. The do have some pull through sites for equestrian trailers. Good horse trails. Clean facilities.

Fishing and kayaking

I’ve been in fishing tournaments and did well also good place to kayak

Quiet, bathrooms lacking.

We had a pretty decent time at Taylorsville Lake. The spots were spacious, and very nice picnic tables. We did a trail which was nice and went down to a boat ramp to see the lake. You can also rent boats there as well. The bathrooms in my opinion needed a major cleaning. They were nice just not very clean. We most likely won’t visit here again but was nice to hit a Kentucky campground. I have found that camping in Kentucky is much cheaper than in Indiana. Definitely worth a checkout.

Nice campground, not a good lake

Nice campground. Taylorsville lake leaves a lot to be desired…. very small

Basic water, electric campground county park campground.

Sort of basic campground, water, electric. Some low hanging branches a little challenge for bigger rigs. Close to a convenient put in spot for canoeing, kayaking on the Dix River (inside the park). Beautiful medium size lake in the park plus standard county park amenities. Does have a disc golf course.

Beautiful Landscapr

Campground is surrounded by lake. Has a beach for swimming and playgrounds for the kids.

The marina us very welcoming. The staff are very helpful.

This campground is very clean and the rangers are very effective at keeping the noise down.