Toronto , KANSAS

Most Recent Toronto Camping Reviews
Such a beautiful place to stay

We go here every year with family, The little trails from the campsites to the lake are amazing! There are little sand bars along the way to get into the water. There are trees at every campsite. Most campsites are nestled into the trees from the road making a beautiful Escape! The showers are very nice and they are free. Bathrooms are kept very nice as well!

Great spot for a hammock getaway

We were surprised at how nice and lovely this place was. Put up the hammocks, persisted through some high winds, then had a peaceful and lovely time. Recommend

Wonderful lake escape

I love camping here close to everything but yet secluded. Great Lake for water sports, plenty of privacy and always clean and well taken care of. Spot 33 is my favorite it’s hard to get so obviously it’s others as well.

Love this small, quiet, beautiful campground

This campground offers a quiet out of the way experience. There are only 15 sites, about half of which are electric and water. There are no modern restrooms or showers but there are several vaulted toilets that are cleaned quite frequently. Nestled below the dam this is a hidden gem. I camped here on Labor Day and the park was full. Prior recons of this park were only half full or less. This park sits on the Elk City Lake. It has modern (brand new) playgrounds, basketball courts, and even a sand volleyball court. The sites are spaced well apart from each other and I never heard much of my neighbors. You can only book this campground through recreation.gov. you wont be disappointed!

Well done Kansas. Well done indeed

Wonderful park. Great overall experience. I loved it. Plenty to do with a great playground for the kids, kids fishing pond, basketball and volleyball courts, and even an archery range. Fantastic hiking along the lake bluff will be sure to wear out your legs! All RV sites are water and electric and most are pull through. It's the most level site I have ever had. The only thing that was weird is that when you check in you have to pay an additional $5.00 per day for your vehicle. It was probably in the fine print when I booked the reservation. I went ahead and paid the extra $10 or $15 to just get the year state parks pass, as we plan to camp in KS more this fall. You may have out done yourself KS.

Cherryvale Park COE

October 1-5, 2019. Love this park. Site 8 had electric, water and sewer. Park had dump station, OK showers and flush toilets, Verizon 4G 2 bars. Elevation 906 ft. Most sewer sites were to high to use. Paid $11 with Sr. Lifetime pass. See RV Camping Journal for details.

Great place

Our first trip there was great! You are not able to make reservations BUT we set up a day early and had some great campsites! We were parked right on the water. They have concrete slabs with a great picnic table for each site. There is no sewer and 50 amp service is only on one side. We will definitely be spending more time here in the future!!!

Fishing lake, camping permitted

Moline North Lake (Moline New City Lake) is a municipal reservoir northwest of Moline, Kansas. There are fishing access piers and a well-maintained road to them, as well as shelters, picnic tables, fire rings, and a vault toilet.

Local users told us that camping is permitted, so we camped there. It was peaceful and very pretty. There are few services, and no running water.

We suggest calling the city office to determine current policy and status of the area, but we had no problems.

Peaceful, beautiful, WET!

I visited this campground in October of 2018. The campground itself is beautiful, but recently part of it had been submerged in water which was problematic for us tent campers. Sunset Point is beautiful, but I'd recommend it only in the summer and on weekends when there is no chance of rain. We were soaked all weekend. I'd definitely return because the park has nice trails, great views, and a serene lake setting, but I'd make sure I'm in a different campground than Sunset Point.

Have had alot of good times at big hill lake

Camping, fishing, swimming, hiking. Great place for all of this