New Middletown , INDIANA

Most Recent New Middletown Camping Reviews
Peaceful tent camping.

In Hoosier National Forest. Clean, quiet, uncrowded. Friendly manager.

Small, wooded site

Very small campground and narrow roads. Many sites were not level and some sites were very short so make sure you review the site description.

Also some had sewer hook ups and others did not.

You did feel like you were in the woods so that was a plus.

Walmart and McDonalds were half a mile away.

The KT earns its nickname 'little AT'

The KT is rugged and has lots of elevation gains over short distances. Everywhere you hike there are lovely vistas and lots of fossils on the trail snd creek beds. You're never too far from water, although the quality may differ depending on the time of year.

Watch out for ticks. My dogs and I got loads of them in April 2020 from Leota to Spurgeon Hollow. There are road crossings every 5 to 10 miles, so if you run out of something or need to bail you can. The KT asks that you respect leave no trace philosophy, and I felt most hikers did.

There is occasional trail magic but don't depend on it if thru hiking. I have not stayed in any campgrounds near the trail, so I can't review those, but the trailheads all have adequate parking and signage, and I found topo maps online for free.

Let someone know your itinerary, have a means for filtering water, and enjoy!

Cute lakes, paddlable but not swimmable. Nice camp hosts.

When we stayed here it was like 100 degrees.  Our camp host was so sweet and gave us a box fan to use (there is electrical) so that we could have some relief from the heat.

Our camp site was nice and private yet close to a bathroom.  The bathroom, even though vaulted, was kept very clean.

The lakes are pretty and we were able to explore with our paddle boards, but I wouldn't necessarily swim there.

We liked this pretty campsite.

We had cellular reception so we were able to work and stream music.  :)

There were these cute little lizards that roamed our campground.  Didn't expect to see those.  They are harmless, and probably eat the mosquitos, so we liked them.

Nice but nope

It took me 20 from route 64 to find this place. If you are solo female traveler don’t even waste your time. After 5 min of driving on the very skinny gravel road y saw what it look like spots but Iam not sure really. 10 min later I got to the coordinates and there was nothing, not seven an opening just more road. Y just keep driving till I got back to 64 and found a Cracker Barrel 17 miles away.

Small but beautiful

Great location when in borboun country.

Tent camping: Quiet, dark, huge lots

It is so dark at night that you can see the stars! Biggest lots too, you can fit like 10 tents and still jave space to move!! Bathrooms were decent, plus they have disc golf, huge chess, and paintball!

Small but comfortable

If you are a golfer, this is the one because site 7,8 and 9 back up the clubhouse. Beautiful course with rolling hills. If you are not a golfer there nearby activities. You are in Bourbon Heaven, so pick a tour with free tastings.

Need a quiet day, stroll on the many acres of Bernheim Forest. Amazing views and easy walking paths.

There only a handful of sites with sewer but all have water and electricity.

The only bad thing is that they mow very early in the morning.

First time camping

Stayed in D04. Had 30 amp plus 20 amp hookups. Picnic table. 15 pieces of firewood for 5 plus tax. Friends stayed in the chickadee cabin and d03. Neat cabins all wood with Portable AC.

A few hikes. Horse camping so was cool to see the horses. A beach location and a few fishing spots.

The lake doesn’t allow non electric motors so waters were calm. Caught some bluegills.

Public restrooms and showers.

Ice in the area cheapest at the truck stops and gas stations 2 10lbs for 5 bucks.

Would stop again if in the area.

It’s functional

We stayed here upon moving to KY bc it was close to work and we didn’t have a lot of options. The sites are close together and you can’t get cell signal. I loved that it is by a pond, but while staying here we heard about some shady happenings and were a bit leery about our extended stay. There are cabins and people are nice, but it isn’t private and anybody can come in due to the proximity of the pond. On the plus side, the bathrooms are clean and there are tons of washers. The pond is stocked with fish quite frequently but don’t let your kids run around unsupervised.