Albers, ILLINOIS

Most Recent Albers Camping Reviews
Nice little park

This is a nice little park in southern Illinois. It is surrounded by cornfields, however the park is wooded. The park surrounds a very pretty lake and I have attached a picture.

The host was very nice and helpful. The bathhouse was clean and had hot water for the showers.

Abundant Wildlife

Reservations made through Reserve America, this allowed us to have this part of the park almost to ourselves. We had 3 of the sites closest to the lake with only electric. Bathhouses were a little bit of a walk. With our 40' diesel we did not have to use them. The sites were pretty level. The campground is well kept, about 20 minutes from any groceries so come with your neccessities.

This is somebody's house

I don't know why this is on the app but it appears to be someone's house

Campground is Okay

We just stayed here for one night traveling back from Yellowstone. Campsites seem fine and level, but somewhat close together.

There was one obnoxious camper who was making a lot of noise after hours right across from the host. I’m no prude but some loud mouth dropping f-bombs with a zillion kids around is not okay.

Dump station was just fine.

Hazlet-Carlyle Lake

This is a decent place with quite a few spots with lake views. Well maintained. Plenty of shade. Tents and RVs. Crowded most holidays. Close to grocery. Great Mexican restaurant in town.

Not a real site!! It’s in the middle of residential neighborhood in the middle of town

The pics are fake. This location at the corner of 13th and Perkins is a residential neighborhood. I grew up in Mt. Vernon and this is not a place to stay.

Very well kept

I was thoroughly impressed with the upkeep of this area. The campground is well maintained and has plenty of hiking area, fishing area, and playing/swimming area for children. Everything at this place was decent. The only thing I would change is the ONE dump station for this massive campground. Corps of Engineers to well on this place!

Huge! Sites....

I have gone to Idnr Hazlet since I was a little kid. The lake is definitely an upside while in 100 degree IL humidity. Most of the campsite are spacious and almost every one has water access as long as you don’t mind a little mud. The bathrooms could be cleaner but other wise not to shabby. Unfortunately I don’t have any picture to did it justice.

Mixed thoughts...

We have camped here two nights and the area is quiet, scenic, but with a few surprises. Our first being all of the water is shut off and It appears that the dump station hasn’t worked in years. We had a pleasant day driving through the area. There is a lot to explore but it would take more than two days. The trails we were on were unclear and poorly maintained. We tried to go to the beach for a swim and it was inaccessible although there was a clear paved trail. We never found the swimming area as it overgrown and apparently unused for a long time. It could have been a beautiful area with maintenance and TLC. Being a National Forest area, it was disappointing.
The pit toilets were very clean but it’s a good thing they didn’t need water to keep them that way.

Rend lake dam

Man, just wouldn't believe the fishing 🎣 here.