Nature

Spillway Campground

2 Reviews

About This Campground

National Forest

Overview: Spillway Campground is a small campground with 3 campsites along Anderson Ranch Reservoir. The reservoir is a popular destination for fishing, boating, waterskiing and riding personal watercraft. There is excellent fishing in the reservoir for smallmouth bass and kokanee. Also try…

Add Campground Info

• 1
Amy S.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2020

Right on the reservoir

This is not my ideal place to camp.  No where to tent camp but there is camper and RV camping in what I would describe as "parking lot style".  That said, if your goal is accessing the water, the boat ramp is right across the dam and this is a glorious place for boating.

• Spillway restroom
  • Spillway camping area
  • Part of the Spillway Parking area
Month of VisitNovember
R
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2020

Beautiful views

On a whim I drove down the road toward Fall Creek Recreation Area off of Highway 20. After the paved road turned to dirt road I took a chance and kept going. I went down the steepest dirt road I’ve ever traveled with my travel trailer. Just before the road crosses the dam to the right is an old…

• View from my window
  • Sites 1 and 3. Site 2 with picnic is in the middle and vacant
  • Site 3. I used it as a pull through.

Spillway Campground is located in Idaho

Detail location of campground

Directions

From Mountain Home, Idaho travel northeast 21 miles along State Highway 20 to the Forest Service road 134 turnoff. Take the Forest Service road 134 north approximately 6 miles to the Anderson Ranch Dam and Spillway Campground is a stone's throw from the Dam.

Coordinates