Standard (Tent/RV)
About Spillway Campground

Overview:

Spillway Campground is a small campground with 3 campsites along Anderson Ranch Reservoir.  The reservoir is a popular destination for fishing, boating, waterskiing and riding personal watercraft.

There is excellent fishing in the reservoir for smallmouth bass and kokanee. Also try your luck at fly fishing just below the dam for a trout!

Rafting access is at Reclamation Village, just south of the campground.

National Forest
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Spillway Campground is located in Idaho
Directions
From Mountain Home, Idaho travel northeast 21 miles along State Highway 20 to the Forest Service road 134 turnoff.  Take the Forest Service road 134 north approximately 6 miles to the Anderson Ranch Dam and Spillway Campground is a stone's throw from the Dam.
2 Reviews of Spillway Campground
Right on the reservoir

This is not my ideal place to camp.  No where to tent camp but there is camper and RV camping in what I would describe as "parking lot style".  That said, if your goal is accessing the water, the boat ramp is right across the dam and this is a glorious place for boating.

Beautiful views

On a whim I drove down the road toward Fall Creek Recreation Area off of Highway 20. After the paved road turned to dirt road I took a chance and kept going. I went down the steepest dirt road I’ve ever traveled with my travel trailer. Just before the road crosses the dam to the right is an old sign that says Spillway Campground. The best site was occupied. It was nestled in the trees. The 2nd site I chose was wonderful. I had a great view of the lake. Many people continued on down an even steeper road to the boat launch campsites. It was a very beautiful and quiet spot. Well worth the trip down. 4 wheel drive Max worked amazing as I traveled up and out the next morning. There was a pit toilet. A picnic table and some fire pits. No water.