The best YURTS camping near
Zetella , GEORGIA

Most Recent Zetella Camping Reviews
Wonderful view

Park is wonderful, can be overcrowded. Surrounding area can be a bit rundown

Awesome views

We camped here for 3 nights and will definitely be back. We were in the red section because I thought it had more views and ambiance. We were in a lakeside site and the mountain and the lake was simply beautiful. The site was tight and a little scary to back in as we got there after dark. The drop off was steep at the back of the site. But we managed and was glad we picked it. We did not use the bath house so can’t review those. We were there to visit our daughter in Decatur so we didn’t spend nearly enough time at the park. But next time we will! The WiFi was okay but not great. I’m sure it fills up in the summer as it is a great place to take your bikes or simply walk.

Beautiful falls and great recreation area.

We stayed in the back loop of the campground site #83. It was nice as there were only 3 other sites occupied on the loop. It faced the woods and we could hear an owl off in the distance and saw several different species of birds and tons of squirrels. The campground really makes you feel like you’re in the forest along some areas are not private at all. Nice campground and the bathrooms were clean. The staff came by to verify our reservations even before I could get set up as I hadn’t placed my tag on the site post. They also came by and removed our tag before we had even packed up the following morning which I felt was kinda extra. We did the falls trail and it was beautiful. Part of the trail is along the river and the rest is further in the forest. Lots of cool rocks to hike over. The trail was marked but somewhat unclear at times as you could go both ways. Definitely a great place to check out. There’s an old power plant building and plenty of day use areas and fishing.

Gone twice now. First time was used tents. Mid summer. Very busy, we got the last spot of the night. Clean bathrooms. Big sites. This weekend. January 23 and, 24th. First time in our new travel trailer. Big site. Plenty of room for the kids to run and play. Friendly staff and visiters. Will be going back….

Absolutely one of the best

The title says it all. The grounds are excellent. Plenty of spots. Water, electric, sewer, primitive sites, cabins, drive thru, back ins, lake front, golf, stone mountain itself, washer/dryers, store, etc. Wow! Will definitely be back. We parked with a 41’ motorhome by the lake for 2 nights and absolutely loved it.

Beautiful State Park

Great state park is right off busy I75 highway. It has two different campgrounds. One by the lake is very beautiful; site 112 lake front is great. The other campground is by the falls and deep in the wood. All site are large, level, and gravel. Cell phone signals might not good.

Overlander finally pitched a tent

I stopped into Atlanta for a few nights and wanted a covid-safe accommodations and a spot to hike and shoot photography. Sweetwater Creek camping was sort of primitive camping in a city setting. You could definitely hear traffic going by the camp site as a thoroughfare runs through the park. The bathroom facilities and shower were among the cleanest I’ve seen on the road and the hiking was really great. Not busy at all in the early AM. Kudos to the camp host and staff. Although I always prefer sleeping in the back of my Land Cruiser, I’d pitch a tent and definitely stay again for a couple nights in the future.

Great spot in pine trees; Accessible to the city

SITE: Pretty spot among many pine trees so feels private. You can see the water from the site and it's a great area to get around and walk outside. Our site was pretty level, we just needed a little boost on one side. Our sewer hose didn't fit in the hookup and it's higher than the ground so you had to assist your hose when dumping. Some of the asphalt getting to the site was really messed up so you have to dodge pot holes, but if you go slow it's perfectly doable- just bouncy. It froze 3 of the nights we were there so had to plan accordingly with our hoses.

AMENITIES: We were right across the way from Comfort Station#10 so to use the laundry room was really convenient. Daily trash pick up at site was very handy.$2 for both washing and drying. The dryers didn't work that well for us- had to run the cycle twice on towels. It's a very quiet and peaceful location.

WIFI/ CELL SERVICE: Wifi would occasionally load emails, but was not reliable and very slow to load basic searches, if at all. AT&T was 2 bars, but it worked fine at the site for calls and video calls.

You do have to pay a one time fee of$20 for your car entry into Stone Mountain on top of your RV park fees. Stone Mountain has great areas for walking and biking!

Leveling for pros. But great location

This has been the most difficult to level site we have ever stayed at. We could not find an even surface to put our sons pack and play outside. That aside, this place has so much to do, great for biking and hiking. With beautiful views all around. We would come back but def to another site. Try to avoid site #172.

We love Stone Mountain

One of the best camping areas in Georgia.

Year 2021 Flag