The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Daniel Subdivision , GEORGIA

Most Recent Daniel Subdivision Camping Reviews
South oaks

Very clean 4 separate locations.lot of old mobile home in complex could be moved tore down see lots of cats

Fun for kids

My kids loved the open activities at Jellystone! They bounced on the jump pad, went down the new bounce slide, enjoyed the playground, and the pools. I do wish they had the heaters on in the pool, even though it was hot out, the pools were ice cold.

We were there during superhero weekend and they had activities every hour for the kids! The laundry room was nice, and the trading post had everything you may need from souvenirs to camping supplies.

Our site was long and narrow, easy to pull into for the week we were there.

The train near by is VERY loud though, it comes by morning noon and night.

Simple, pleasant

Variety of sites; primitive, partial hookup, and full hookup.

Laundry consist of a couple of machines. Bathrooms could use some updating, and more consistent cleaning schedule.

Trails are short but pleasant views. Access to boat ramp and lock & dam which is a very popular fishing area.

Trade post runs all during normal business hours. Light snacks, and tackle for fishing.

Views of Coosa river and the mountains in distant is nice. Nights are peaceful here. Weekends are busy with weekenders and fishermen. Two playgrounds one at main park, one next to campsites.

Close to home and always neat and clean

Red Top is a great local campground on Lake Allatoona.  It has plenty of sites although a lot of the water front are tent only. The bath houses are updated and clean. Makes for a great weekend trip.

Peaceful wonderland

This campground is easy to access off the I-75. With some shopping close if the case is needed. The grounds are clean and the beach accesses to the lake are very friendly. The security is adequate, many trials for hiking and the boating entrances are several. There are new cabins being built, with other vintage ones also available. A wonderful place to spend a few days to week at.

Small, but designed well

This is a smaller park, but the sites are spread out well. Super quiet, lots of trails to follow - including paved ones (bonus for us as we have a baby in a stroller), full hook ups (w,e,s), and has a splash park during the summer time. We will be returning quite a bit since it’s close to home.

Beautiful Campground

This is a beautiful campground. As others have mentioned, the roads to get to the sites are narrow and windy. We have a 21’ van and we didn’t have any issues, but I was very glad we got to our site during the daylight. I would not want to drive the roads after dark. We stayed in a primitive site (51) so we could have more privacy and better views. Site 51 does not disappoint! Keep in mind there are no hookups at this site, and anything longer than our van may have trouble backing into the site. This would be an amazing tent site! From a practical standpoint, you will need to buy a parking pass - even though I received an email telling me I could go directly to my site and check in by phone, they wouldn’t let me buy a pass on the phone so I had to head back out to the park store to buy a pass. Other than that, great park.

Good stop for night

Overall: A

The Good: the site connections were all available, even in late December. The upper loop road for the small campers was super clean and quiet. The bathhouse was a pleasant surprise. They were spacious, warm and clean.

The Not So Great: the site location, while close to the interstate was via some smaller mostly residential streets. The back loop road appeared to be where the long term rentals were located and was much more cluttered and less presentable.

No Assessment: there were several other amenities that we didn’t have the opportunity to use that appeared nice, clean, and accessible.

Beautiful lake and campground

Red Top Mountain State Park campground was awesome. The sites were fairly large, wooded and private. Many were positioned right on the lake. The trails in the park were great for hiking and running. We enjoyed visiting the Qualusi Winery that was nearby.

Nice, spacious sites

Friendly neighbors, nice comfort station with bathrooms, showers, laundry and a little free library. Lots of level tent sites next to pavilions with playground equipment. Very calm and quiet park ❤️