No Drinking Water
Contact
Fourth of July Campground is located in Colorado
2 Reviews of Fourth of July Campground
Stunning views!

Always a beautiful hike around this area. Just a few miles up from the hessie trailhead, its definitely a bumpy ride that I recommend having a high clearance vehicle for. On beautiful days finding parking can be tough as everyone is out trying to enjoy the views at once. Had my first date here, and we were lucky to catch a view of a waterfall and a view of the galaxies at night. Great place to be and enjoy nature! If you're up for a mega hike there's also a glacier up the Fourth of July trail.

Beautiful and Challenging

I backpacked into this campground in early June. Unfortunately it was still very snowy on the last mile of the hike in which made it difficult to find the campsites at the lake. But it was a very very beautiful hike to the lake, delivering an even more beautiful view of the lake. We saw a moose along the way and passed many water features, wild flowers and scenic mountainous views. I do recommend having an off roading (or at least high suspension) car for the 4 mile dirt road that brings you to the Fourth of July trail head to start. I will definitely be going back.