Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 45 ft.
Pinewood Lake is located in Colorado
14 Reviews of Pinewood Lake
Pretty but nothing special

The reservoir is pretty and visible from most sites, and the facilities are well maintained. That said, the site is on a road, near homes, and does not offer much privacy between sites.

A Colorado gem!

This was our second visit to Pinewood Lake and while some things stayed the same others were much the same.  Our first visit last fall was during the final stages of a blizzard.  Not to be outdone this visit we arrived last week on the tail of an early September snowstorm!  But the weather cleared quickly and all was well with great weather the rest of the weekend. This was our first visit with an on duty camp host  and I must say that they were wonderful.  The campgrounds were spotless, as were the restrooms.  Camping during wildfire season in Colorado means fire bans but we found a way around that small obstacle.   This lake is a great getaway and offers a ton of things to do.  Hiking, fishing, kayaking and paddle boarding to name a few.  The views of the lake and surrounding valley are the Colorado foothills at their finest.

A Big Bunch of “meh”

This by no means is a bad camp site, but don’t add this to your wish list of destinations. The campsite themselves are very well maintained, and the camp hosts were very friendly.

The beach was highly disappointing because there was so much broken glass everywhere. I was terrified to even let my kiddos play for fear they’d cut themselves.

No shade or trees. Perhaps it was because we were near-ish the camp trash and I’m sure the time of year didn’t help, but it was fly-central. I killed at least a dozen the first night we arrived…. and it got worse from there.

The beach was pretty busy with campers definitely not a tranquil beach environment.

I liked that the campsites where spread out, it was disappointing how many houses surrounded the campground, and the nearby road wasn’t a nuisance, but it definitely didn’t help the feeling of being “in nature”

Easy to pull through with our camper.

Over all, it’s a solid three starts from me.

Quiet - off the beaten path.

A quiet campground. Pretty basic walk to campsite. Sites on the hillside are pretty close together. Though during the week it wasn’t full.

Beautiful in white!

My wife and I took our inaugural trip in our small camper to Pinewood Reservoir last weekend during the front range's first snowfall for 2019.  We had just bought our camper and weren't about to let a little snow stop us from trying things out.  We drove up on Thursday and the roads, despite some steep climbs and winding curves, was in great shape.

We found the campground empty, and already white with the snowfall.  We had a reserved a spot and claimed it.  Several other sites appeared to be reserved, but with the weather, we had the place all to ourselves.  Heaven, with just a taste of lonely.  Even with the snow and us being novices we set up without a hitch and were soon enjoying the magical panorama of the lake below us and the hills and mountain tops around us.

By Friday the weather had cleared and the Colorado blue skies had returned.  While it was still chilly a few other campers arrived, including a number of Boy Scouts trying to hone their cold weather tenting skills.  By our Saturday departure, the camp ground was filling up and we enjoyed meeting some nice neighbors.

All in all the place was perfect.  the water access was off due to the seasons cold, but the place was clean, the restrooms were open, and the electricity was on.  A great place for late season, and I am sure it is busy but spectacular during the summer.

Perfect

This campground lines the east ridge of pinewood reservoir. Each campsite is dugout into the hillside, with a perfect view of the lake. Shaded by large pines, and a great view of the sunset. I would recommend to anyone who is looking for a beautiful site away from the crowds, but wants to keep their vehicle close.

Perfect campground

So nice and off the beaten path. Nice on the reservoir camping.

Small delightful campground

This is a County campground, up a very steep windy paved road, probably unsuitable for very large RVs. Most of the camp spots are relatively small, also. But they have electricity, they’re relatively level, and the views are great. The reservoir is limited to non-motorized boats. Cellphone coverage is really problematic, but HDTV reception from the Denver stations is good. It’s a nice, quiet place to just relax.

site #9. Right on the lake

Sweet close camping in May. All trailer spots have electric and water hookups. Sweet Hike in sites on the side of the hill overlooking Pinewood Res.

Okay campground but not for the price

This campground it right next to the road and can be loud. But overall a nice little campground away from large busy camp grounds.

Cyber Monday Gift Extended 6 months of FREE PRO camping features. Get Your Gift