The best RV SITES camping near
Strawberry , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Strawberry Camping Reviews
10/10

Been coming here for our annual family camping trip for years now and love this place. The staff is always friendly and willing help. Will be coming back in the future.

Amazing place to stay for long term

We stayed here for a little over 2 months while waiting for our home to be built. It felt like we were on vacation every night. Pool is open in the winter with heating and a tent over top. Kids loved the arcade games. Thanksgiving and Christmas with friends that camped there. They even offered a New Years celebration. They have full laundry facilities which is great for the long haul RV families! Wonderful staff and kids made friends with other camping kids making our stay seem short for being so long!

Zephyr Cove - Perfect Timing

Most likely due to COVID and it being off season, the campground was barely a 3rd full. We had site 157 about 150 yards from the road. Road noise was not too bad and the ability to see the lake made up for anything we heard. The campground was well maintained. The snow added to the scenery. Our pad was paved, but pretty skinny. Our fold out stairs did not reach the ground due to the small drop off from the pavement. I added a few boards to solve that.   Remember you have to park in the campground and then walk across the street to check in.

The beach was amazing. We had 2 small dogs so they went allowed on the Zephyr Cove beach, but a short walk to the right there is a dog friendly beach. I would argue it’s even better part of the beach. Nice rock formations and sandy beach.

Unhook and go see Emerald Bay. Make sure you check out the waterfall and short like to eagle lake. All from the Eagle Falls parking lot.  Kiva Beach is also a great place to go if you have have dogs or even if you don’t

Small sites

We have a 35 foot 5th wheel and a lot of these spots seem small and hard to get into. We have stayed in site 128 and 129 which are pull though and easy to get into. I would book these spots if they are available. The spots in front of us seemed very narrow and a couple trailers had a hard time getting in (around sites #169&170). One site they couldn't even open their awning because of a tree. Motorhomes seemed to fit in these spots better.. We have stayed here a couple times and will probably come back because it's close to a lot of things. Right behind spot 128 is a street kids can ride bikes in. There is also a chain length fence with a walk way on the other side. If you have bikes lock them up. Somebody stole my friends bike. Try and check in online so you don't have to wait. My friend checked in that way. I didn't realize they had that option so I went inside to check in.

Not camping

Beautiful day trip to see some gorgeous views of a damn and lake. I would definitely come back here again, we happened to just stumble upon it.

Close to Yosemite

This is a great campground right outside of the north entrance to Yosemite. Super clean and there is a nice creek to hang out at within walking distance

Love it

I love Yosemite! While the campsites are very crowded, I don’t care. The natural beauty of this place forgives every shortfall. I will return again and again.

Convenient Yosemite Campground

We drove in after a long day of hiking in Yosemite. This campground is right off of Hwy 120 and makes for a super convenient stop the night before or after visiting Yosemite.

At the time we visited (early Nov 2020) there were no water or trash removal services, but the infrastructure is there. Bathrooms were in poor shape, though I'm not sure if this is due it being the winter season.

Campsites were $16 and included a picnic table, campfire ring, and a bear box. There were plenty of spots within our campsite for three 2-person tents.

Secluded!

We drove into the campground on a Friday night and were surprised to see that the 5.5mi dirt road was on the side of the mountain and had a lot of ruts. We were driving a Prius Prime with low ground clearance, so it took us nearly an hour to get down to the campground from Hwy 120. Others driving a truck and a Chevy Suburban passed us pretty quickly during turnouts.

Though 4WD or higher ground clearance is not required, I would recommend it! Otherwise, be prepared for a slow drive down to the campground.

Campsites are free, and the facilities are pretty bare bones (you have a picnic table, a fire pit, and a bear box at each site plus a single toilet at the campground entrance), but we got excellent views of the stars and were the only group at the campground. I definitely recommend this campground if you're looking to get away from everything and everyone.

Other than the unexpectedly difficult drive down (for a sedan/Prius), we all enjoyed this campground. We will be returning in a more appropriate vehicle in the future.

First Rain of the Season

I visited in November, on the first days of rain after a long dry season. I arrived after dark and was unfamiliar with the layout, so I stayed at a pull-out near the McCabe Flat campground. The next morning I checked out Willow Placer campground and continued to the end of the road to claim the last spot at Railroad Flat campground.

All three camps are along the river. There are no reservations. The first two are mostly walk-in tent sites. They are all clean and well maintained. There was a helpful ranger on patrol through the weekend.

I came with my 16’ Airstream in tow, and it fit perfectly. I would not recommend anything larger. It was late in the season, so there were only a few campers at each location. The narrow road winds along the steep canyon wall with occasional pull-outs to allow oncoming cars to pass. I was glad not to meet any vehicles on my way.

The scenery was stunning! It rained on-and-off with sunshine in between, so I rode my bike along and went fishing (didn't catch anything) while the sky was blue, then hid under a blanket with a cup of tea and watched the stormy skies. I had initially planned to go to Yosemite but was content to stay here.