The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Point Arena , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Point Arena Camping Reviews
Usually something available

Ive been to this campground twice.  Both times were fairly full, but never totally full.  You can make a reservation, but you cant pick your spot until you get there.  Better to get there on the early side.  Some sites aren't great, so you dont want to be stuck with those!  There were sites with decent shade, and I liked there was a hiking trail down to the lake.  Also a pro that it isnt too far out of the bay area.

Hikers dream

When I booked a “hike in” campsite I didn’t really give it much thought…I highly recommend that if you do get a hike in site you really like to hike!! It is quite the journey. I wasn’t prepared for it so I didn’t have a good time but it is a beautiful site and the lake is absolutely gorgeous, even with all the fires going on.

Great Spot

I like this a little better than Van Damm down the road because of the small private beach which never appears crowded. You do have road noise but it really is not bad.

Great little tent camping spots and a fabulous group tent camping spot.  From the small beach you can play in the waves and launch protected kayaks into the small bay.  On the right day there are some tidepools (not a lot).  A stream runs through camp and empties on to the beach.

Great Fern Canyon trail and waterfall trail back in the gorge.

You can explore all the Mendoconio Coast from here.

Sites are well spaced and protected. Tables, fire rings and food storage.  Nice rest rooms with showers.  I like the lower loop along the creek and thes sites at the end, near the beginning of the fern canyon trail are choice.

Love this place!

This state park was so much fun, very dog friendly! Campgrounds were nice and well kept, and just a short walk to the beach! I highly recommend:)

Hidden jem

One of my favorite places to go camping.

Awesome time

Great place I recommend

Expect less received more

This campground is a hidden jewel. There are many sites next to the ocean. This campground delivers a stay next to the beautiful coastal waters which allows the camper to view whale migration, sea lions swimming and a quick visit to glass beach and the adjacent lighthouse. Ft Bragg is a nice little town to visit have dinner and drinks.

Decent campground

This campground is very beautiful, located just north of Fort Bragg on the California coast. I witnessed the best sunset that I have ever seen in my life at this beach. However, I was unfortunate to get one campground with no trees or privacy. Additionally, this campground is more expensive than some other state parks and has limited things to explore. Also, the showers require more money to start, so if you run out of time during your shower you will need at least a dollar just to start it back up to finish rinsing off not like other State park showers. If you want to explore the area there are tons of other things too see… Including Fort Bragg, glass beach, the skunk train, Russian gulch, the town of Mendocino, Mendocino headlands, and a pigmy Forest

Hidden gem

Got Lucky and got a spot without a reservation for a night, I was impressed. Awesome spot, beautiful area; lots of trees with a creek running through the campsites! Short walk to a beach that’s under a bridge. Restrooms are very clean with flushing toilets.