Chico , CALIFORNIA

Most Recent Chico Camping Reviews
Over nighter at the Olive Pit

Not much to say similar to rest stop. Spent evening in their parking lot that does say no parking unless your a customer. I went in and purchase couple jars of olives to take to Slab City with me as trading stock now I’m a customer (happy face). No one messed with me and it was decently quiet. Only two other rvs. Super small dog potty area too but it’s their yay.

Sycamore campground and Red Bluff Recreation Area

It's a beautiful area, the campground is located in the middle of Red Bluff Recreation Area. Lot's of nature trails. They have many of the plants and trees recognized by little name tags. So interesting and absolutely gorgeous.

Guy and his dog at a Pit Stop?

Spent the evening in the RV/Truck area after stocking up on some Olive stuffed garlic and artichokes. Mmmm. Was quiet besides the obvious freeway intersection area near by but NOT complaining. Easy boon-docking. Small pet area. Well lit if you park under a light. Safeway,Burger King, Taco Bell, Auto parts store lots more in little area around The Olive Pit. Basically park and walk to get shopping done. Boom. Hope this helps a little.

Great, peaceful

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

Safe and fine

It says on a sign reservation only, but after driving around to the other spots in red bluff, and feeling great unease, I went ahead and drive in to a spot around 9pm. I immediately felt much better and more safe here. Had a great sleep and was on my way in the AM. I never interacted with the site host but it looks like the trails and areas around are worth hiking.

Love Collins lake!

We have been here 5 times already this year. We love the lake, hookups for the motorhome and ice cream! Wonderful place!

Very Hot

Not much to the site. It was very hot and a distance to the lake. Not to mention the rangers were very grumpy.

Most of the sites were not very level

There were several groups partying loudly well after midnight , and the water was nearly a mile walk to the boat ramp and almost 2 mikes to a “beach” that was closed. New construction might make some of this better, but unless something drastic changes I’m scratching this one off my list.

Words Can't Describe!

This is the most gorgeous place to camp. Great for gold mining and swimming as well as kid friendly dly and fun. Lots to see and do in this gem of a spot. Come see for yourself.