Camping in Biggs

26 Reviews of 4 Biggs Campgrounds

S D.
Reviewed Nov. 14, 2021

I love it

Went camping for a night for my honey moon it was fun nice place great price cannt wait to go again

• Play button icon
SThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2021

Nice, small campground

Really pretty campground. We are here in the off season, so there weren't many other campers here. I think in high season it would feel cramped. The trees are amazing and there are about 2 miles of walking trails. The campground is along Dry Creek, which isn't dry but is covered in some sort of…

Month of VisitNovember
Jessica P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2021

Peaceful!

Nice and quite! There wasn’t many people at this site. It was very relaxing. And the views are nice. Rangers were friendly as well!

Bathrooms were top notch clean!

Careful for poison ivy nearby.

A
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2021

Nice spot

Clean campground, efficient check in. Lake is not walking distance, no internet. Great place for a quick stop over.

LThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 13, 2021

VERY well-maintained family campground, with sometching for everyone!

More family oriented than “upscale,” what struck me was even though it maintains a substantial trout fishery, the surface tempin early June was z74 — PERFECT for swimming, tubing, etc.

Although the lake level is sadly representative of CA drought conditions, fishing was good. We caught 7 rainbows…

• North view
  • Caught on BrightRed PowerBait.
  • E view
Outdoordude D.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 3, 2021

Go to spot

Being close to home doesn't hurt. Love going during the week. Less crowded that way. Good fishing. When the water is up, my favorite spot is 396. I can kayak right from camp.

• Feeling like I had the campground to myself.
Month of VisitMarch
Ethan T.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed May. 23, 2021

Great walk to the lake

Sparse campground and hot. But good sites and great location

Julie D.
Reviewed May. 18, 2021

Quiet and lots of availability

I went camping here for a couple nights in early April. There was basically no one around. This campground is pretty huge. Our site was fairly private, yet right across from the bathroom. Very spacious. We were able to do some hiking and get to the trail from our campsite. Bathrooms were very…

• Play button icon
Bearit W.
Reviewed May. 12, 2021

Heaven on earth

This is such a beautiful piece of California. It is clean and well maintained my daughter who is 5 loved writing her hoverboard around the entire park there are lots of kids to play with and the caretaker and his family were super welcoming and professional. It is really relaxing and refreshing

Bearit W.

Great Lake and RV Park. We stayed in spot 110 with a lakefront view

M
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2020

Love Collins lake!

We have been here 5 times already this year. We love the lake, hookups for the motorhome and ice cream! Wonderful place!

Chris M.
Reviewed Sep. 2, 2020

Most of the sites were not very level

There were several groups partying loudly well after midnight , and the water was nearly a mile walk to the boat ramp and almost 2 mikes to a “beach” that was closed. New construction might make some of this better, but unless something drastic changes I’m scratching this one off my list.

C
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2020

Great camping near lake with safe swim area

We have been to this camping spot a few times. It is big with a nice store. Music on the weekends on the deck. Some sites on waterside are nice. Nice beach. Can get crowded but we liked it. No issues. RV or Tent sites. Roads are steep in spots but no problems getting into site. You can boat and…

Ed E.
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2020

A GREAT Campground for your Spring and Late Fall Getaway

We camped here TWICE in 2019. First time in mid April and 2nd time on the first weekend of November. Both times were AWESOME!!!
Both campsites, #66 and #116 had power, water and sewage. They were both lake front campsites, which meant the water or shoreline was right at our "front door" from our…

• Site #66 at Collins Lake.
  • Our view from the Travel Trailer. The kayaks are right down there :-)
  • Some small trout caught for dinner.
Site#66 in April #116 in November