Camping in August

Month of VisitApril
Lloyd G.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2021

Deers-a-plenty

The lake has receded quite a but that one of the docks is about 100 yards from the actual lake now (California drought). The campsite was well maintained. Each camping section seams to have it's own restroom within 2 minutes walking distance. The wildlife was " people friendly" to say the least. I…

Roxanna L.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Nov. 15, 2021

Just ok

Good for one night. Manager was super friendly and escorted us to out site. This application says it’s 50 amp with septic. No septic and only 30 amp service. Clean place- just seems to be portapots.

SiteD5
Ken M.
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2021

New Hogan Lake

For the price ($20) it's not bad. Plenty of shade. Nice and pieceful. My only gripe was the shower. Some didn't have enough water pressure and others didn't work at all. Right now the boat ramp at acorn is about half a mile from the water.

• Coffee smells best when you're camping.
SiteA6
Julie D.
Reviewed Nov. 7, 2021

Good times

We stayed here for a weekend on a whim in September, and there were a good amount of sites to pick from. We had a view of the lake and some shade at our site, and it was relatively quiet, so we were happy. The lake level was pretty low.

B
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2021

Just what I was looking for!

I wanted somewhere not too far to go and stay when my 5-6 year-old had 5 days off from school. This was perfect in so many ways.

Positives

- Amenities! I love how everything was themed, from the street names to the signs. Two nice playgrounds, ball courts, pool and hot tub. Watching your kids…

Month of VisitNovember
Chuck P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2021

Great Place to Christen Our 2017 Micro Minnie Travel Trailer

Nice, peaceful well maintained campground that is within 30 minutes of our home for our first outing with our new travel trailer. Well kept secret! Very busy on the weekends but very quiet and peaceful during our one night during the week. A great place for novice and experienced sailors and…

RThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Sep. 23, 2021

Great spot close to Sacramento

Have stayed here a couple of times while visiting family. Sites are large and well spaced, grounds are well maintained and has a gated entrance to filter day users and campers.

Katie B.
Reviewed Sep. 14, 2021

Great for kids under 14

We go with several families with kids 5-13 and they all have a blast. The price per night is very expensive but there are a lot of amenities. Nice playground, basketball court, volleyball, bouncy pillow, outdoor movies, pool, lazy river, water park, bumper boats, laser tag, boat rentals on the…

m
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2021

Solitary and Smokey

My first time towing my Airstream into a campground and I was glad the place was deserted. Not one single other camper. It got even more smoky the next day. I appreciated the water at the site. The lake really low, like all lakes in Cali.

Cynthia H.
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2021

Great place for boaters

Sugar barge is right on the delta. They have a boat trailer parking lot and a boat ramp. The rv spots are very close together. The bathrooms have been recently remodeled and are very nice. They rent kyacks and have a restaurant that looks right over the water.

Site?
Julian H.
Reviewed Aug. 3, 2021

Party lake

Out in Central valley is Woodward Lake. Great for a day trip if you live in the Bay area and want to get away. They have boat access to the lake. My favorite thing about this lake campsite is almost every campsite is connected to the lake so if you have boat or jetski bring it up to the site after…

Site3a
CThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2021

Friendly staff

The office helped accommodate us for an extended stay during a busy time. Some sites are pretty close together. We have a nice site right now, but decided to park the truck at a nearby on-site lot due to the size of this space (but we were thankful they worked us in, and our truck did fit, but so…

• enjoying the band at the Sugar Barge Restaurant
  • enjoying the band at the Sugar Barge Restaurant
  • should’ve scooted the trailer over just a little more for more space between rig and truck
Site70, 109
MThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 19, 2021

Sun fan camp spot

Amazing location, so close to water. It gets hot in the sun gets intense, make sure to bring shade and you will enjoy every minute. Also bring bug spray, lots of spiders and lots of ants but that is the outdoors, just come prepared