About San Gorgonio Campground

A very pleasant mix of large pine trees and deciduous oak trees. Spaces are apart from each other. Little underbrush between sites. There is a Campground Host to keep an eye on things. Campground looks very nicely kept.

Sites
108
USDA Forest Service
No WiFi
San Gorgonio Campground is located in California
Directions
Take I-10 East to Redlands. Take the University Street exit, EXIT 80. Turn left (northbound) on University Street. Turn right onto E. Lugonia Avenue/SR-38. Continue on State Highway 38 for approximately 20 miles to the campground entrance.
12 Reviews of San Gorgonio Campground
A great campground in the mountains!

I love this campground because it is so close to San G mountain trail!  We stayed here before and after hiking that enormous mountain and love the area.  There is a great trail off the backside of the campground as well.  It can be a bit loud and the trees are tall and skinny so there's not a ton of privacy, but it's woodsy and beautiful.  Site 14 has a HUGE Christmas tree and I think it's a group site.

1st Timer

My very first time camping we came here and I really enjoyed it. We had a lot of space for three families and even though there wasn’t a lot of bushes or plants to cover us, we still weren’t bothered by our neighbors. We would go again😉

Loved our campsite

Itt was huge..  No bugs and clean.  We will be reserving the same campsite next year.  The only thing was when I reserved online it said two cars were included, and then on the receipt it said second car wasn't included? we get there and the grounds keeper makes us pay for the second car..  Cash only!  I was upset about that.  At Barton flats it's the same rules and we did not pay for second car so something isn't right..

This is a nice spacious campground with plenty of trees

Great campground. The host was friendly and very helpful. There is clean water, clean restrooms and showers. The showers go hot and cold in a second but this is a water conservation area so no big deal and they are free. Firewood is available from the camp host and is about 6 dollars enough for one evening. There is a fire pit with a cooking grill at each site. The restrooms were clean but very busy at certain times as people use them as washrooms. Everybody respected the evening quiet time but some children were a bit noisy at 6 am. That was just one family so didn't seem to be typical. No cell phone signal so print out your reservation details before you go. Don't ask how I know this. We had a wonderful time and would go back tomorrow if it were open. I believe it is closed till the new season. The other campers were really friendly.We definitely be back .

Sierra feel in the local mountains

San Gorgonio, aptly named for the famed crown peak near by, is a nice mix of family friendly and weekend escape. Due to the proximity to the high mountain peaks and desert, you get a very distinct feel of the Eastern Sierra (for those familiar). Sage brush, junipers, mixed with black oak, cedar trees, and an array of pines make this area quite well shaded, but also grow well due to the heat the area can reach. Don’t be surprised by temps reaching as high as 90° in the summer and near freezing in the fall at night.

The first two things I noticed with this camp were 1) lots of over flow parking near the entrance of the camp, and 2) showers. That being said, this makes the camp ground a great place for those not so attune to roughing it while searching for a good outdoor experience. Very family friendly. There were lots of spots a 32’ trailer could easily back in, as well as spots perfect for setting up a tent in the shade. The nicest spots I noticed for over all flat ground, shade, distance from other camps, etc., were #’s 28 & 44 which both sat on an outer loop, and double site 10, which had nothing but wilderness beyond it.

Con to this camp ground was some sites were definitely exposed, and the proximity to the highway, which I honestly doubt would be too big a deal as the road sits higher than the camp, directing sound away.

over all for the area, 4.4 out of 5 for me.

Simple and Plesant

Stayed at the double site 48, for 1 night, close enough to the bathroom but not so close that you hear the foot traffic. This double site had plenty of room for the max of 16 people. Only negative was that the campsIte bathroom didn’t have soap, but they were clean and had lights that turned on when you entered.

Lots of trees

Reservations are needed.

My Family and I have been coming here for over a decade every year. Shady with plenty of little trails. Don’t leave Ice chest out& Please be sure to cover your ice chest, even in your vehicle, as the bears, are all too familiar with them. My sister did not heed my warning, and we woke in the middle of the night to the local resident ( a bear) tipping and subsequently going through her cooler

Outdoor amphitheater is close by

Bought a used popup camper and used this place as a test. Loved the spot. Seemed almost secluded. Restroom was a little hike but had a stone lined trail that led you right to it. Water station real close by. Less than a mile loop around the campground.

Perfect, quiet, mid-week bliss!

I visited San Gorgonio Campground on Sunday 4/29/18, just 2 days after opening. There were 3 total sites being used. The campground hosts were amazing and very helpful. The sites are evenly spaced, good privacy, clean bathrooms. Plenty of space to pitch my tent and hang my hammock. Great hiking all around. I would definitely come back here again!

A good campground

Overall visit was good. Loved the showers. Stayed four days three night. No paper towels in the restrooms. No air dryers. Campground is close to the hwy. next time we will get one of the rear spots.