About Crater of Diamonds State Park
Crater of Diamonds State Park is located in Arkansas
15 Reviews of Crater of Diamonds State Park
Diamond

We camped and the park was beautiful. Went and dug for diamonds. Took our own buckets and shovel. But you can rent equipment from the park. They provide the sluice boxes. It was so much fun and kid friendly.

Tourist haven

Crater is not one of my favorite state parks.  The sites are tightly pack and not very private.  The campground is small and a little run down.  The main attraction of course is the hunt for diamonds in a large field but that's about it.  There are no hiking options at this park.  It was worth seeing one time but I doubt we will be back.

Not My Favorite...

The sites were nice and spacious but it lacked a dedicated tent site that we could find. We used a site with water and electric hookups and the sites came with a table and fire ring. You are close to the diamond hunting area but other than that it lacked on hiking options. It was worth a weekend to check out but I doubt we would stay here again.

Nice state park

One of the nicer state parks we have been to. It is adjacent to the Crater of Diamonds, a large field where many gemstones can be found, including diamonds, all of which you are allowed to keep. Included with your campsite is admission to the nice water park. The sites are rustic but spacious allowing big rigs to also stay here.

We stayed here in a class C motor home.

The flea market of parks :)

That's what I thought of when entering this park, lol if your all about studying rocks/maybe striking it rich/or spending your day digging in the dirt then this is the destination for you! I'm not sure how my kids would have reacted to this adventure but it would have been fun regardless.