Ferry , ALASKA

Most Recent Ferry Camping Reviews
RV park

Get place to stop for a few nights then go and hit the water for a day or two.

Fantastic Camping that allows a deeper drive into the National Park

My husband and I stayed here in a rented rv for the most memorable camping experience of my life. The kids used our site as a base camp of familial safety for their backcountry permitted camping excursions. Sure enough after a hard rain, my college aged children hiked back to our site soaked head to foot after a big downpour and once-in-a-lifetime adventures. I ruined everyone's shoes trying to dry them on the fire too quickly. I should have heated rocks and put them inside the shoes with paper, but I was trying to hurry before it rained again.

We used our internal bus pass extensively, but this site is close enough to the river for taking lunch hikes along the park service road. While the sites are fairly close together, we were on an end unit and felt isolated enough from anyone else.

This was my second trip to Denali and I am glad I chose a further-in campground. I can't wait to go back.

Beautiful scenery!

So much to see! We enjoyed the bus tour that the park offered. Also simply walking around and taking everything in.

Pristine Beauty

Looking for jaw-dropping scenery and untouched beauty, then look no more than Teklanika River. With vast thick wooded areas surrounding you the lure of the wild will keep you wanting more. Venture out to the open fields and valleys in search of catching a glimpse of the prized wildlife that call this home.

Amazing Scenery

Savage River is an amazing location in Denali National Park offering details of the river during the winter period. The river does not completely freeze leaving cracks that provide a new perception to the pristine conditions. Drive across the bridge and take a photo opportunity with the jaw-dropping scene.

Great campground that you can drive your car or RV to!

We really enjoyed that we could drive our car further into the park to camp in this campground. Sites are flat and aren't too close together. Had outhouses and running potable water. Fires were allowed. Short walk to the gravel bar and Teklanika river. Nightly ranger programs. We bought a bus pass so we could take daily trips to a part of the park we wanted to explore and then would hop back on when we were done.

wilderness

requires a road permit and you to park your car or rv and stay until stay complete. near a glacial river and one hour into Denali National park. has pit toilets and water. ranger talks posted. great for families. near bus stop to take camper bus farther into park. no marked trails but you can hike along river or road.

Close to tourists

You can get out of tourists views if you just keep hiking past the regular trail for the savage loop. But it will take a long while. If you don’t want to travel far into the National Park and you don’t mind hanging around more people than this is the place to camp.

Near a beautiful local climbing spot

It’s not part of the National Park so camping is allowed. You follow a tiny little path down off the side of the road and can set up camp at the bottom of the rocks. The waterfall is beautiful and it offers wonderful views of the Nenana River.

Amazing Gem 30miles Into Denali

Teklanika Campground is a phenomenal location for camping in Denali. Accessible to both tent and RV campers at mile 29.1 on the Denali Park Rd this campground has vault toilets, picnic tables, and fire pits and requires a minimum 3 night stay with no access to the front of the park (without additional fees) once you arrive. Campers here purchase a Tek Pass which allows access further into the park via the bus system (the only way to get further into Denali from this campground). Our favorite feature of this campground was the Tek River which is directly next to the campground. The river bar made for excellent hiking and adventures for the whole family with plenty of animals to see. We would definitely camp here again!