Camping in Denali National Park

80 Reviews of 25 Denali National Park, Alaska Campgrounds

Holly P.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 8, 2021

Wonder Lake

Wonder Lake far the most amazing campground I have ever been to. We visited at the end of August and lucked out with beautiful weather. Denali was out with barely any clouds. It was a great start to our trip in Denali. It did rain one evening but very lightly and there was a beautiful rainbow. By…

EThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Oct. 27, 2020

Ok place

Right off the highway, heard trucks speed by. Need to pay for showers.

SiteMusher dry cabin
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2020

Well used especially during hunting season

We got here when it was dark and on a Wednesday night in mid September we thought it would be empty -WRONG. It was pretty full. Most likely due to all the hunting. I liked the campground but there is a dog kennel on the other side of the river and the dogs bark and howl all night. And that I could…

If you want hook ups

This is one of those parking lot RV parks.  There are a lack of options in Cantwell so if you want to hook up your RV this is probably where you will end up.  The service is good and the owners are very nice.  The lack of maintenance may just be that in the land of the ‪midnight sun‬ weeds grow…

The beauty of Denali

This campground has a great drive that goes along with it no matter where you are coming from. Some of my favorite scenery. This is a traditional State park and is well maintained and has pit toilets.

Trading company

The RV spots are great for 1 or 2 night stays, the store has most of your needs and then some.

Riley creek

Definitely was not the Riley I had in mind when I pulled outta here, but it definitely was the one I needed at the time..

McKinley

The RV spots are well maintained and groomed, this spot was amazing and great something to add was the staff and how great they are

Riverside RV

The staff here are great wholesome folks, the site are great, the set up is also great, honestly you’ll have a great stay here

It’s not rodeo

The stores here were amazing and awe inspiring in every form, still couldn’t beat the prices. Great place to pick up supplies and gas

Denali Rainbow village

This is a great lil spot that loved to come visit every once and a while

CCC

This historical site has so much history involved that they felt the need to preserve its heritage. I loved the story definitely a must read.

Can’t we’ll

Honestly I say can’t do anything better then this lovely little gem right here

Marisa A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2020

Fantastic Camping that allows a deeper drive into the National Park

My husband and I stayed here in a rented rv for the most memorable camping experience of my life. The kids used our site as a base camp of familial safety for their backcountry permitted camping excursions. Sure enough after a hard rain, my college aged children hiked back to our site soaked head…

• Don't dry your hiking boots directly on the fire
  • From the visitor's center looking back towards the park service road leading in
Stephen M.
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2020

Friendly and clean

Great little site to spend some time in Denali or break up your trip between Anchorage and Fairbanks. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable about the area. The bathrooms were some of the cleanest I’ve seen at any camp site. Camp sites are close to each other, but the staff gave us two sites for…