the dyrt
Fires Unknown
Pets Unknown
Water Unknown
About Sunlight Rangers Cabin
Sunlight Rangers Cabin lies within the Sunlight Ranger Station, located approximately 40 miles northwest of Cody, Wyoming, in the Shoshone National Forest. Guests enjoy the area for its abundant trails for hiking, biking and off-road riding. Natural Features: The cabin is situated in beautiful Sunlight Valley near Sunlight Creek. A scenic, grassy meadow surrounds the cabin, and a mixed conifer forest covers the mountainsides. Recreation: Sunlight Creek is a popular fly-fishing stream. Anglers cast for cutthroat, rainbow and brook trout. Fishing is good in July, after the high-water season. Hikers, mountain bikers and off-road enthusiasts will find several motorized and non-motorized trails in the surrounding area. Facilities: The spacious, three-room log cabin can accommodate up to eight people. It has two queen beds and two sets of bunk beds. No linens, bedding or pillows are provided. The fully-equipped kitchen includes a stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee pot, pots, pans, dishes and utensils. The dining room has seating for eight. A fireplace is located in the living room. An indoor bathroom is available. Guests must bring their own towels and toiletries. ACTIVITIES Biking Historic & Cultural Site: Historic Sites Fishing Hiking Wildlife Viewing
USDA Forest Service
Sunlight Rangers Cabin is located in Wyoming
Directions
From Cody, drive approximately 16 miles west on Highway 120, then take Chief Joseph Scenic Highway/Highway 296 west for 22 miles, up and over Dead Indian Pass and on to Sunlight. Sunlight Road/Forest Road 101 will be on your left just before you reach the Sunlight Bridge Overlook. Drive west on Sunlight Road for about 8 miles. The ranger station will be on your left. Upon pulling into the parking lot, you will find the cabin on your left on the east side of the station.
1 Review of Sunlight Rangers Cabin
Loved the cabins, and great hiking!

I really enjoyed my stay at the Sunlight Rangers Cabin. I am a huge outdoors person, so coming here was perfect for me. There are some awesome hiking trails that lead you to some great views and scenery. The campground is located within the Shoshone National Forest and near Sunlight Creek. The scenery that surrounds the cabin is beautiful- lots of trees and mountains. The cabin was really nice, clean and well kept. You do have to call ahead of time to make your reservations because they do not take walk-ins. You do need to bring your own food and supplies because the campground does not provide that. You also are responsible for cleaning the cabin before you leave- they did tell us that you will be charged if you leave the place a mess. They do provide some cleaning products. Also, no pets are allowed. Thankfully we asked when we were booking the place, or else we would have brought our dog. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cabin, and had 4 people. The two bedroom cabin was plenty of room for the 4 of us. The cabins have all the amenities you need- a kitchen (table, stove, fridge), full bathrooms, living room (with fireplace), and beds. You do need to bring your own sheets and sleeping bags. During my stay, we hiked both days. We did Bonneville Pass and Jade Lakes. Jade Lakes was a pretty easy hike, however Bonneville Pass was definitely harder. Great views for both! I would definitely recommend hiking at least once during your stay. The Shoshone National Forest offers a great variety of hikes for all levels. I would just do your research beforehand so you don't get stuck doing a hike you can't handle. I would recommend this campground (however, it is about $150 a night, but worth it!).