About Underhill State Park
Underhill State Park is located in Vermont
4 Reviews of Underhill State Park
Ideal!

This is the best of car camping - you get the feel of really being out in the woods, with your car a short distance away. They provide wheelbarrows for easy moving of your stuff, and the campsites are super clean and well organized. We stayed at campsite 6 and loved waking up to the sound of the stream down the embankment. We’d definitely stay here again!

Nice comfortable campground with lean tos close to mount Mansfield

Mountain House Review at Underhill State Park

-Campground review- What can i say about this lovely state park campground? Totally beautiful, private spots, pit toilets and a night sky to die for! The rangers are extremely helpful and very friendly. The sites are pretty well priced- all they had left for us were Lean-to sites which were 27/night. No complaints here! We set our tent right up in the Lean-to and enjoyed the quiet. We stayed in the group site because everything else was packed. They ask that you limit your driving on the path to the site- so we were sure to go into town to get all we needed before we settled into camp- which wasnt hard to do. A 40 minute drive brings you to Stowe, which has breweries, places to grab food and some awesome rock climbing spots! A short walk from the group campsite takes you straight to various (amazing!) hiking trails.

This place had everything we could have wanted for our weekend spent in Vermont. Highly recommend it!!

-MOUNTAIN HOUSE RANGER REVIEW- So, as with all my Gear reviews, I have a disclaimer.

I don’t like weird food. I just recently stopped ordering “chicken fingers” from restaurants my husband and I visit. I like predictable camp food- hot dogs, burgers, frito pie. So getting “turkey casserole” in a ziplock bag wasn’t exactly something I was thrilled about.

However- we do a lot of backpacking. And honestly, I’m tired of eating snicker bars for dinner, so I though this review might broaden my horizons for some delicious, lightweight, easy to make backpacking food.

Correct.

THANK YOU mountain house for making this oddly delicious space food that with a cup to boiling water (and about 7 minutes) turns into thanksgiving dinner!! The process is so easy and quick, the food itself is virtually weightless (so perfect for lightweight backpacking) and I would never be able to tell it had been rehydrated. The stuffing was delicious, the turkey was moist… just wow.

Backpackers and campers— get your hands on this magic stuff here:

Amazing

Very primitive and quiet campground. Great staff and campsites. No shower but one of the best weeks I had camping in a while. Will definitely go back this year.