About Jubilee Lake

This high elevation, spruce fir surrounded campground is the largest and most popular campground on the Umatilla National Forest. Jubilee Lake is nestled among the trees and the lake provides a beautiful setting for day-use as well as camping. This site is known for good fishing and swimming and is a wonderful way to escape the summer heat. Jubilee Lake campground offers a variety of recreational actitivies for visitors of all abilities, including fishing and hiking trails.

National Forest
No Showers
No WiFi
Jubilee Lake is located in Washington
Directions
From Weston, Oregon:  Travel 20 miles east of Weston on Highway 204.  Turn left (north) onto Forest Service Road 64. Follow the road for 12 miles and the campground entrance will be on your right. From Elgin, Oregon:  Travel 21 miles northwest of Elgin on Highway 204.  Turn right (north) onto Forest Service Road 64. Follow the road for 12 miles and the campground entrance will be on your right.
4 Reviews of Jubilee Lake
The Most Camped in Eastern Oregon

Jubilee lake is a beautiful densely forested mountain top man made lake in the Blue Mountains in Eastern Oregon. The lake water is semi murky in the muddy areas but clear and beautiful in the pebble beach areas. This body of water makes for a beautiful backdrop that glistens in the sun.

There are 53 designated campground spots with sporadic dispersed camping all over the road on the way in. The sites are non-reservable. The campground is semi primitive with some sites having basic water hookups, there are flushable and pit toilets both available.

The lake is chilly but swimmable from July - September. The camping spots are pretty spaced out and private. Some are very landscaped and fun to be in such as the dual level spots. Some spots are lake front, but most lake front is wild and picnic/day use.

This is a popular location for canoeing, kayaking and paddle boarding. There is a 2.8 mile trail circling the lake with breathtaking views all along. A rope swing into the water awaits the daring, am easy 20+ ft arc with a variable drop.

2 weeks is the maximum stay, rvs and tents are both allowed inside, most spots can easily take a 32 ft trailer. Remember this is a very popular destination, so be on the look out for the spots on the way in, just in case it is full.

Private Campsites. Beautiful Views.

This may have been due to us camping in mid September but mosquitos were not an issue at all on our visit.

We had a small quiet campsite that despite not being far from the next site over was very private.

It was a very short walk from our campsite to a bathroom. But as I said earlier, due to the privacy from the trees you could easily pee in the forest without raising eyebrows.

In the morning it was a very short walk down to the lake. The lake is beautiful and clear. Perfect for fishing, kayaking, and even swimming if you felt so inclined.

I would definitely go back and recommend it to a friend.

Peace & Quiet!

The campground is somewhat primitive. There are flushing toilets on the lower loop, vault toilets on the upper loop. no showers, but you can refresh in the lake. The nights get chilly, so be prepared with warm socks and a beenie, especially if you’re tent camping.

There are now power boats allowed on the lake, so it is raft, kayak paddle board friendly.

The path arIund the lake is sn easy walk, just don’t expect tI sIt on a bench and enjoy the vIew. Yhe yrees have grown up

Gorgeous Lake!!

Jubilee Lake is probably one of my favorite places to visit. I am definitely not the only one that feels this way because it is a little crowded during the summer months. Jubilee Lake is amazing, so it doesn't surprise me how busy it gets. There are 53 campsites to choose from, and it is on a first come first serve basis. I would advise to get there early and grab your spot. The campsites are a decent size, however when it is busy you do feel like you are right next to your neighbor. This really didn't bother my family and I because we were gone most of the day. It cost $17 to camp in a single unit campsite, and I believe its about $5 more to stay in a double campsite. Jubilee Lake is apart of the Umatilla National Forest, so it is surrounded by beautiful greenery. There is quite a bit to do here, which is great for the whole family. You can fish in the river, boat (there is a boat ramp), or other fun water activities. There is a 2.8 mile hiking trail that takes you around the lake. My mom and I walked this every morning, and it was gorgeous. There are also picnic tables, toilets and water available. I would definitely check the website for closures, because I believe it closes for the season sometime in October. You also have the option to either camp OR just come for the day. I believe there is a fee to park for the day ($5 maybe?). I brought my hammock and hung it between 2 trees right next to the water. I love people watching, so this was a great spot to hang. Highly recommend bringing a hammock if you have one. Great way to relax. Overall, I would recommend either coming for the day and enjoying the beautiful Jubilee Lake, or coming and camping! Can't go wrong.