Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Lake Bemidji is located in Minnesota
18 Reviews of Lake Bemidji
Great for April in MN

We were here spring of 2018. It was still winter season in MN. This place was great because we found this cute little campers cabin. It was so cozy it warm inside. Just perfect

If you can't make it here you can't make it anywhere.

If easy camping is what you're looking for, this is it. Our 15X15 tent fit in their listed 12X12 spot. Built in grill on fire rings with park bench and table. Potable water available to everyone. Perfect cell reception as it's eyesight to the city of Bemidji. Self serve wood and ice when office is closed. Even a vending machine. Amazing showers for a camp ground, bathrooms ok and clean. If you want to get away while still being in easy driving range of city. Hiking trails are quite a walk but easy and cleared. Beach, dock, sand volleyball court. Some outdoor showers also available but they were buggy when we went mid July.

Really Nice State Park

First time camping at this park in June 2019 and found it to be clean and well maintained. Some short easy trails and part of the Paul Bunyan State trail is their. Great if you bicycle? Jog or simply walk. Sites are pretty level, but not very secluded but you do have distance between sites. Facilities are well maintained and clean.

Very peaceful

Great place!!

Great park, fun trails!

The park was beautiful and well kept. The campsites were a little crowded but it was peak season. Didn’t run into many other people on our hikes so that was good! We will definitely go back to see the colors in the fall :)

So pretty

Great place to run away to….plenty of things to do to keep busy if that’s what your looking for and also nice little camp spots to hang out and relax.

Camp by the lake
  • Campsite near the beach is recommended. There is a private rocky section away from the crowded beach. Our pup loved running out here and taking a swim by himself.
  • The bog walk is a great hike! Also recommend the rocky point hike.
  • There is a small store at the park entrance with camping necessities.
  • The sites were large and spacious.
Love this state park

Been going here for 20 years and never disappointed. Swimming beach, hiking trails, bike trails, interpretive programs, great staff both secluded and shared campsites. Bog walk has to be experienced.

Cold, but beautiful!

Great park with lots of biking trails, hiking and biking. Bike rentals are available at the park. The bog trail was really awesome and saw many cool plants. Very peaceful stay!!!

An unexpected center of many activities

Lake Bemidji State Park Campground is right on the lake. Bring your boat or rent one. The paved Paul Bunyan trail is waiting for a bicycle adventure. A variety of hiking trails can also be found.

I happened to arrive the weekend of the Lake Bemidji bike tour. The park rangers were helpful and quickly filled me in on things to do. Many bicycles came through on Saturday- at least until the rain came. This was the weekend of the ride around the lake - perhaps because it was Father’s Day? I had to make reservations but most of the campground was empty. The sites are close together but the forecast for rain must have kept people away because I felt like there was plenty of space.

My first time in the restroom found hundreds of flies and backed up toilets. This was remedied by the next day and it was well kept for the rest of my stay. The one central shower house was used throughout the day as people finished swimming. There are group sites available as well as accessible sites. There were a number of organized events that covered a variety of interests.

I hiked the logging trail with my dog and found a dozen ticks before we finished. We kept to the paved Paul Bunyan trail after that and didn’t find any more. A bike would be nice to ride the short distance into town.

We spend some of the rainy day in the beautiful town of Bemidji. A clean laundromat was followed up by a cool food co-op. Bill’s Base Camp was the best find. Bill started this outdoor store a year ago and has quality stuff. He spent time talking with me about possible places to go to next.

I picked this place at random on the Dyrt app. I’m glad I found it. A rough beginning turned into a pleasant stay.