About Indian Lake (South Shore)
RVs and Trailers
No 30 amp Hookups
50 amp Hookups
Pull-Through Sites
Max Length: 60 ft.
Indian Lake (South Shore) is located in Michigan
9 Reviews of Indian Lake (South Shore)
Nice quiet

Clean sites,good size, camp host was wonderful helped park, he cleaned the toilets and picked up trash including your garbage. Will definitely return. The only downside was the beach was a 1/2 mile away but once you got there it awesome clean and large

Indian Lake Visit in October

I enjoyed this campsite very much. MI state parks generally have great, clean bathrooms, this one included. Most sites have tree coverage, and can have good views of the lake. Sites aren’t super private, but it wasn’t busy when I visited in October of last year.

If you are looking for things to do in the area consider: Kitch-iti-kipi Springs Fayette State Historic Park Canoeing on the Manistique River

Amazing!

Such an awesome campground! We came for Kitch-iti-kipi, but we both think that the highlight of the trip was the campsite. Far enough apart from others, but nothing is a far walk either. The lake is awesome, it’s super shallow and warm and there are stairs around the campground to go swimming. We definitely will be coming back!

A great mix!

While this is a full amenities campground, one end was mostly reserved for tent camping with well spaced sites which were backed up by the woods. We felt right at home in our tent, and the campground was exceptionally well maintained and the atmosphere was calm and pleasant. While not totally rustic our end was well suited for the quieter more laid back tenting enthusiasts

Beautiful sunsets and fantastic family time!

We’ve gone here for years and enjoy the new memories each time!

One word.... WOW

This is one of the best campgrounds I've been to in a while! Wow. The sites were very large! There are three bath houses and a pavilion. The water is so nice! We used the boat launch and had no issues at all. There are showers for noncampers as well. There are tons of things to do in the area and we enjoyed the big spring (kitchitikippee.. Sp?). I cannot wait to return here. We camped in the south part on lot 62. I highly recommend!

Beautiful campground!

Just needed a nice campsite for one night after traveling from Traverse City headed to Marquette. Made a reservation and booked a lake view site. The campground was really clean and the people were really friendly who worked there. They were dog friendly and everyone camping around us were really friendly as well. We were tent camping and there was plenty of space for more than 3 tents. We would definitely recommend this for family's as well as people like us just passing through. Great lake view and 10 minutes away from Kitch-iti-ipi "big springs".

August One Night Visit

I spent only one night in this campground in August of 2016. It was absolutely beautiful and I am heading back his summer for several days. I was lucky enough to get a site with plenty of space and a great view, backing right up to the lake.

The campground staff that I met where very friendly and helpful, helping me find a local grocery store for some essentials.

Some of the sites are pretty small and others very open, but all in all, the campground was pleasant.

The bathhouses were clean and appropriately sized, the showers were hot with good water pressure, and the campground was spotless as far as liter was concerned.

Book a site that butts up to the lake for a great view. Make sure you bring bug spray however as the mosquitos were brutal in mid August.

Ranger Review: La Siesta Travel Hammock at Indian Lake State Park

Campground Review: Indian Lake State Park, South Shore, has become my favorite State Park in Michigan! This was my first visit, and I'm in love. Great location, well maintained. 5 minutes from Kitchitikipi, or the Big Springs, 5 minutes from Lake Michigan. Lovely lakeside spacious sites.

Gear Review: La Siesta Travel Hammock- very cool, compact hammock! My first ever hammock/hammock experience, and it was a huge success! Easy up, easy down, the rigging was easy and simple to figure out. Tips and hints about where to locate your hammock, hammock angling, etc. would be appreciated in the instructions. Overal a great product though.