Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Harrisville is located in Michigan
15 Reviews of Harrisville
Awesome Experience

We have not camped at this park in 10 years and they have made several great improvements. Even though the park is completely full the campsites are big enough not to notice other campers. The showers and bathrooms are also very clean with the amount of people. Park service has done a great job and are very friendly.

On the Shores of Huron

A lovely state park right on the lake. Our site was two ones in, and we still fell asleep to the sound of the waves at night. Backing in was tight but doable. We loved walking to the beach and rock hunting every day, and ice cream in town is just a short ride away. Stock up on groceries in Oscoda, though — most everything in the town of Harrisville has gone out of business.

The Beach is Gone

The one thing this campground has going for it is the location: Right on Lake Huron. We reserved (after trying so many times) a spot right on the lakeshore with its own private trail to the beach. We were very excited. Sadly, lake levels are at historically high levels and thus there was no beach. The waves did, however, sound amazing while sitting by the fire and when laying down in the tent at the end of the night. Lastly, in my opinion, most of the camp sites are way too small and therefore seem way too close together. Without the beach the entire appeal of this campground is gone. If you are looking to camp on or near a beach on one of the Great Lakes I would look elsewhere.

Picture Description: The picture of the tent shows that most of the site was an asphalt pad leaving very little space for anything else.

The other picture shows the absence of the beach. This was about 15 feet from the back of our campsite. It did make for great ambient noise (as mentioned above).

Beautiful Park!

My husband and I last minute decided we wanted to go camping for the night and the one and only site he could find with a short(ish) drive was here. We decided to go for and and we are so happy we did! We tent and the site was so nice and big for us and our tent, hammocks, and 2 kayaks. It was very spacious even with neighbors on all sides. For the park being for what we could tell 100% booked, it was roomy and quiet. They have a vending machine for wood which was so convenient but someone also drove past our site selling it. The bathrooms were clean, but they were right on the beach so the area was heavily trafficked which was kind of strange to me, and that was the only thing I didn’t really like. There were some beautiful sites right on Lake Huron that we are hoping to get next time we are there, because we will be back!! The pictures are from the sunrise this morning. We woke up and walked just a little way to a beach area to watch it come up. It was beautiful!

Beautiful!

Nice open area big enough to put our 8 person tent. Picnic table and power! The Lake Huron is a stones throw to the East. Great place, we will be back soon!!

Lake Huron campground

Camped here June 2019. Several sites right on shore of Lake Huron! Few without view but 30 steps to beach. Rocky beach was awesome and Lake Huron steps away was great. Very nice beach house/ bathhouse- new. Campground gets very busy so not a place if you want solitude. Phenomenal sunrises over Lake Huron!! Only complaint- wood available was green wood and very hard to burn.

Modern camping with a good view

If you are looking for decent modern campsite Harrisville offers that. There is a bike trail that goes into town. Friendly host that offer books. There is wood on site to purchase through a vending machine. Only takes exact amount. Sites are pretty close together which makes getting to know your neighbors from the get go. The bathroom was very nice. Extremely clean and well kept. Staff was there several times even this late in the season cleaning at 6:30 am. The view of the lake was lovely. I happened to have site 74 which has a great view of the lake. Though the traffic of bathroom goers is annoying. The bathroom offered such bright beam of light I never used any of my flashlights. Depends on how you feel about that. If you’re looking for nice weekend to sleep outside this is nice. If you’re looking to get away from it all and have peace and quite. This is not it. Even in September. Staff was super friendly. I originally booked 82 and it was extremely tiny for a tent site more suited for a RV. Be mindful when picking your site. Majority on the water side are tiny and are more suited for RV not a tent. I mean tiny!

Busy campground for families- not for those seeking solitude

We camped At Harrisville State Park for one night (4th of July) as we headed north to make our way around Lake Superior. The campground was packed as you would expect on the holiday. Our site was right on the shore of Lake Huron which was nice, and had a large fire pit. The bathrooms were immaculate. You purchased firewood from a vending machine. I would have enjoyed this campground a lot more, but it was really busy and loud. One of the noisiest places I have ever camped, although quiet hours were enforced luckily. I learned more about our neighbors issues with garlic making her fart excessively than I ever wanted to know. I’m a single mom that camps with her teenage son, so I don’t generally have an issue with kids, but it felt a little like Lord of the Flies- kids everywhere, especially on bikes tearing through the place in small packs. One kid got knocked off his bike by a person just trying to drive through the busy park road. He wasn’t hurt in any way but it did cause a brief verbal argument between the kid’s dad and the driver.
Taking into consideration that it was a holiday weekend, the crowds and noise were somewhat to be expected. I did really enjoy camping so close to the lake and walking along the beach. Very nice park if you aren’t seeking solitude.

Beautiful park

A lot to do nearby and it’s just so fun there. Biking into town and there’s a store with ice cream. Had a great time! Hit the Ausable river, and went to the damn store!

My favorite State campground!

Large lots, clean, family friend and the nicest bathrrom/showers anywhere!