Standard (Tent/RV)
About Betsie River Campsite

Pop open your lawn chair and relax by the crackling fire. Most sites have room for 4 folks, a camper or tent, a boat, a dog or two and a few kiddos :D We have a tiny cafe, a small playground, a fish station, warm showers and bike/kayak rentals! Hop on the Betsie Valley trail for a 3 mile adventure to ice cream, beaches, shops…so much! We are not a big concrete pad RV park, we are a nice small family owned campsite. We try and keep it quiet and calm (but still fun!) If you are looking for the far North Electric Forest, this is not the place. What we are is a great base-camp for all your awesome Northern Michigan adventures!

Price
-86.2023 W
Directions
1923 River Road, Frankfort, MI 49635
11 Reviews of Betsie River Campsite
Simply the best - great location, family friendly

This campground feels like campgrounds should! It is a small, family-run place. The sites are a little small and close together, and with fewer trees than I prefer. But everything else about it makes it on my list to return annually! Location is close to so many great towns and attractions: Glen Arbor/Sleeping Bear Dunes, many Lake Michigan beaches, kayaking/canoeing/tubing river trips, great fishing if that's your thing. The camp store and little outdoor cafe are great and serve a delicious breakfast. Bathrooms were clean and had great ventilation (important when camping during a pandemic like this summer). They have several cute cabins and vintage campers sprinkled among the campsites that are available for rent, and a nice bike path runs right in front of the campground. The campground is very family-friendly.

Nice quiet town and campsite

Very quiet campground and close to the small town of Frankfort. The campground is along the Betsie river and they offer a fish cleaning station. They have a nice trail to ride your bikes to Frankfort but we chose to drive this time through. If we were to stay again we would definitely take a nice ride to town. The campground also has a general store that offers firewood and has bathrooms and showers in the same building. The town of Frankfort is very close by and has some amazing restaurants and ice cream stores. The marina is nice to walk around, and you are able to walk out the pier to the lighthouse.

Great location

This is not my normal kind of camping but I will pleasantly surprised at how much I liked this place. Sites are close together. All sites have electric. They have lots of little cute cabins through the park as well. They have a small simple playground that my kids loved! Super close to Lake Michigan and the river. We had fun exploring the area. Bathrooms were clean and had hot water. I loved that we could buy a good breakfast right on site at the little cafe they have. The campground had an old fashioned feel if that makes sense. Very quiet and does not seem to attract the party crowd. I thought rates were very reasonable. We took a day trip to Empire and the Point Bestie Lighthouse.

Safe, friendly, quiet, kid friendly, the best.

Friendliest people. Amazing staff. Beautiful little campground. Honestly everyone is so friendly. Bathrooms are always clean as are the showers. There's wood and ice on the property. A great little cafet. A small general store. We have so much fun here. Tge owners are amazing. Honestly I hate writing such a great review simply because I don't want to loose my camping site. Lol people find a great place like this it'll always be booked. But honestly you can't go wrong here. The place is sandwiched between the betsie river and a paved bike path. Your 2 mile from a great beach and lake michigan. 20 min from the dunes. 35 or 40 min from Traverse city and it's gorgeous views and fun stuuf to do. Did I mention wine. Wineries are plentiful in this region too. Plus some micro brew. Just awesome. There's a small playground for the kids in this park. It's so safe the kids ride bikes and walk all over the campground with out much concern.

Nice Little Campground

Nice campground that was well kept. Sites were a little bit close together and small but they were nice and grassy. Very nice bike path and easy ride into beautiful downtown Frankfort.

Quiet

Nice quiet visit. Close to town but yet feel far enough away. Lovely camp store with local merchandise.

Great campground!

Nice campground with well maintained restroom/shower facilities. The owners were really great hosts! Some tent sites have electric hookups, which is always a must for us. There is a paved trail that runs by the campground, and it's less than a 3 mile walk/bike ride to downtown Frankfort and the lakeshore, which has a ton of things to do.

Family friendly, clean and owners are great.

Water hookup at each site, some sites only have 20 amp service.

Quiet, family friendly, pet friendly. reasonable rates!

close to Betsie River for great kayaking, and not far from the town of Frankfort.

Great friendly staff