Standard (Tent/RV)
No Sewer Hookups
No Water Hookups
Rancho Topanga is located in Texas
7 Reviews of Rancho Topanga
A quiet, secluded spot, lovely views.

Ranch Topanga Campgrounds

A good place to camp if you want a quiet, secluded spot, lovely views, close to both the National and State Parks. Reasonably priced. The managers take great care of the place and have a great camping spot with all the amenities needed. The bathhouse has hot showers, toilets, large sinks for washing dishes, and electrical outlets. I camped in Site#1 February 2020. I had my camp set up in the back of my truck topper, and I was attending an annual 4 day motorcycle rally in the Big Bend region of Texas.

Rancho Topanga is located on the North side of Highway 170, approximately 11 miles West of Study Butte and 7 miles East of Lajitas.

I will definitely come back.

Great views, well thought out

Absolutely beautiful campground. The tent camping area is huge and spread out. We stayed at #10 and the only downside was that there was a trail up to the ridge right by our site so other guests were walking by our site at all hours of the night and early morning for stargazing and taking in the sites - this is also a positive part about the campground so it evens out! Each site has a flat tent pad, picnic table, water, AND trash and recycling! There are clean bathrooms and showers (multiple bathrooms to accommodate guests) and the water was HOT with a strong pressure. The views here are amazing.

I lived this spot

The view here is amazing. Good facilities, mountains all over, nice people, and close to both big bend parks.

Perfect place for small campers and tents

Best place to camp if you want a secluded spot, lovely views, close to both the National and State Parks. Super reasonably priced. Guy and Pat take great care of the place and have carved a beautiful little camping spot with all the amenities you need. The bathhouse has showers, toilets, large sinks for washing dishes, and electrical outlets where you can charge your phone, etc. I will definitely come back.

Not Many Measure Up

We stayed at Rancho Topanga for 4 nights during our unforgettable trip to Big Bend National Park in December 2019. The campground was thoughtfully designed and is lovingly maintained. The sites are very spaced out with gorgeous views. Each site has potable water and a fire pit. The individual showers have hot water and the dishwashing stations at the bathhouse were something I wish more campgrounds had! We saw wildlife and amazing sunsets during our visit. No electricity and primarily tents only. We can’t wait to visit again!

Perfect 👌

The night sky is unbelievable. The campgrounds are very well maintained and spaced out. Good bathrooms and showers that are very sustainable. Make sure your bring your own firewood!

Worth it to camp outside of the park

We stayed at Rancho Topenga for 2 nights during our week long trip at Big Bend National Park(we also stayed in the park for 2 nights). We wish we would have stayed at Rancho Topenga for more nights than we did. It's only about 20 minutes to the park entrance from the campground. Guy, the owner, takes such good care of his campground. The showers and bathrooms are amazing and meticulously clean (sorry I didn't take any pictures, you'll have to trust me). Some of the campsites are a little close together but have more space than the established campgrounds within the park would have. In addition to having showers and flushing toilets, you can have a fire which is a huge bonus for us. Each campsite has a fire ring, picnic table, and tent pad. You can hear a little road traffic(depending on what site you get, some might have more noise). The sunsets were amazing here and we liked walking around the property to say hi to his dogs and horse. We would definitely recommend Rancho Topenga for camping while in BBNP.