Camping in Burke Meadow

77 Reviews of 19 Burke Meadow, Texas Campgrounds

Andrea B.
Reviewed Sep. 13, 2021

Primitive camping

Clean friendly environment easy to access water spots roped off swimming areas overall a good experience

Siteprimitive camping area
Month of VisitOctober
Angie M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 17, 2021

A beautiful place if you don't mind the bugs

It was a great place for our family to camp. The campsites with electric and water are designed for rv's not an extension cord. Lol and I got eaten by sand fleas and skeeters real bad.. ran out of bug spray midway through the night..but the crabs and fish were biting good and the dogs enjoyed the…

Chloe R.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Quintana Beach

My fiance and I had a fantastic time camping out on the beach. Besides the unexpected debris, everything else was awesome!

SiteQuintana Beach
Laura F.
Reviewed Aug. 16, 2021

Nice beach campground

We visited in August and the campground was less than half full. It has nice facilities and a nice boardwalk to the beach. The weekends get a lot of day visitors to the beach but the weekdays were very quiet. Decent beach although there were a lot of wood chips washing up two of the days we were…

• nice shade shelters on the beach
  • only 2 campers on our loop
  • you can watch all the large tanker ships and container ships come in to port
Jim B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Aug. 13, 2021

Stayed here 5 months

Very pleased with my stay. Help are very friendly and helpful. Nice restaurant and bar on site.

Month of VisitDecember
E
Reviewed Jul. 27, 2021

Palms rv park

Great park! More long term tenants than over nighters. But still a good park. Quiet and kid friendly. The new owners are working on improving the appearance, as the previous ones left a bit to be desired.

BThe Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2021

South was better Beaching!

Free beach camping, No reservations needed! We went on a weekend late July 2021, NO PROBLEM finding space. Recommend some type of canopy or awning, Texas Sun is HOT! Plan ahead, stores are few and far between. NO amenities, water, showers or hookups of any kind. Tmobile Cell service wasn't the…

• Neighbors were pretty Cool!
SiteThink we went in @ Access point 2.
Zachery S.
Reviewed Jun. 26, 2021

Level spots lots of room

We have enjoyed our stay at the preserve! Have 3 little boys who enjoy fishing and they have plenty of creeks and ponds near campsites; it isn’t the most luxurious parks but if your looking for a state park feel this place is a home run!

Sitec9
JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Great state park

I stayed here a couple of days to recharge the batteries, refill the water, and chill in some air.

The park itself is ok and it is a little far from the main drag. They are redoing the beach side so I think normally this is just overflow.

I did get the best sunset pictures here.

JP A.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2021

Great for a salt water cleanse

When I started on my journey, I knew I wanted to spend some considerable time on the beach and Crystal Beach didn't disappoint.

I picked up the $10 beach parking pass and spent about two weeks there the first time.

You do want to make sure you set up on the north side of the beach although that…

Siteby barrel 49
Lea B.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2021

Be Ready for the Bugs

Pros: Loved camping on the beach. No problem on the sand. No problem finding a space even on a busy Sunday afternoon. Water was great!

Cons: No trash cans in site. The bugs were immune to EVERY form of insect repellent we threw at them.

That being said. We’d go back.

Siten/a
Charles M.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2021

It’s the Beach, Y’all!

We came down to see the beaches of Galveston and we were not disappointed! There is so much to do here that the state park makes a lot of sense.

We came down in June so it was HOT. If you want to camp in this park make sure you are going to RV it.

Also, the beaches are awesome, the wildlife is…

J
Reviewed May. 5, 2021

Nice county campground!

Pros...FHU sites with concrete pads, prices are reasonable for the area, gated, fishing right at the park, fabulous & knowledge hosts, beautiful views, & good Verizon signal.

Cons...sites are VERY close, a large rv might have a challenge navigating interior roads & parking when the…

• Sites
  • View to waterway
Becca H.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2021

Trails were all very similar

We did see quite a bit of wildlife, observation towers were cool. Store is closed until at least 2022 when the bay side opens.

Angela R.The Dyrt PRO User
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2021

Camp Mohawk

I love this park it's a great place to take your family my granddaughter loves to walk the trails, very clean