About Warriors' Path
Warriors' Path is located in Tennessee
11 Reviews of Warriors' Path
Overcrowded

Sites were right on top of one another and extremely crowded—felt like a tailgating party in a parking lot. We ended up leaving when we found someone’s car parked in our spot, and a group of 30-40 people congregated at the site next to us. Kids were running all over the playground, no one observing social distancing. Looked like a nice park, but not recommended for anyone looking for a quiet camping experience in nature.

Very nice State Park with lots of activities

I live only a few miles from the Park and wanted to take advantage of the campground to do a "test run" with our new camper to figure out the set-up and try out all of its features. We lucked into the only spot available for one night on short notice and it was a great camp site. I have spent a lot of time at the Park golfing, mountain biking, swimming, running, kayaking and picnicking but have never been into the campground area.

The bath houses were very clean and all the utilities were well maintained that we saw. Our site was on the outer loop (#24) and had plenty of space between ours and the next sites. Other areas did seem more packed in, mainly closer to the boat ramp area. All in all, we had a great evening trying out our new camper. If you're planning a stay at the campground, you won't be disappointed with the many activities this Park has to offer.

Terrible tent camping

If you’re looking to get into the woods and hear nature sounds this is not the place to go. We had to get a refund because the site was so small we couldn’t even fit our tent, a four person tent on it. I saw very few tents, mostly RVs and they were shoved right up next to each other. There were kids running everywhere. The place was packed. No green spaces between campsites at all. So if you’re looking for a place to park your RV and let your kids run wild with other kids it’s perfect. But if you’re a couple trying to get out into the woods and fall asleep to the sounds of nature in a tent, go somewhere else. All that being said the park is amazing with a lot of amenities. So I would considering going there for the day. We’re mountain bikers and wanted to try out the trails but had to leave because of how crowded it was and the campsite being impossible to put up a tent. The lady working at the campsite told us we could just put it on the cement pad which was literally right next to the road so I said no thank you. They were very kind though and they gave us a refund so the staff is very nice.

Love it!

Went to visit a friend who was camping here, such a great site! We loved it and will definitely be back ourselves! 💜

Very clean but crowded

Campground is very clean especially the bathrooms. The lake is near the sites and a boundless playground is also nearby. The only issues we had were several of the sites were too small for even our pop up camper, no way an RV can fit. You really need to scout the sites beforehand.

Convenient and Fun, With Amenities Galore

This park is located about 15 minutes off I-81 just south of the VA/TN border, making it extremely convenient, and a great place to stop for anyone traveling that stretch of the country.

There are a total of 134 campsites. 94 are available year round and have electric/water hookups, and the remaining 40 sites are in an overflow section that is only open from Memorial Day-Labor Day. The overflow sites do not have electric or water hookups, and accommodate trailers up to 60 feet (site 106 only; all others sites can only fit smaller RVs). The sites open year round are primarily used for RV camping, accommodating trailers up to 40'. Sites have asphalt driveways and are otherwise gravel, with picnic tables, grills, and fire rings. Sites 94, 73, 57, and 28 are ADA accessible, and site 90 has a pull-off parking spot with the campsite set down from the road (this is an excellent tent site!). Most sites are very shady, and sites on the northern side have a view of the lake from late fall to early spring. The bathrooms have electricity and running water, are single stall and include a shower, and are some of the cleanest campground bathrooms I have ever experienced. And since we were there in late March and it was still fairly chilly, we appreciated the space heaters!

Amenities at this campground include hiking, fishing, boat rental, golf, disc golf, a swimming pool, and the best playground I have ever seen--this campground is worth it for the playground! It is huge, has an interactive story trail based on "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe," a creek that runs through it, and the best part is that it is universally accessible, so children of all abilities can enjoy the park (sensory-friendly areas, and all signs include brail!). There is also a concession stand at the boat house, and two miles of trails are horse-friendly.

My only complaint about this campground is, given the proximity to the town of Kingsport and I-81, there are still a lot of civilization noises at night. This should not be an issue if you are in an RV, but for tent-campers you will still be able to hear distant traffic while falling asleep, instead of just the sounds of nature. But while we may not choose this as a place to "get away from it all," as frequent travelers between eastern TN and central VA, this campground is a perfect place to stop, and beats a hotel any day!

Great biking trails

I am much more of a hiker than a biker but during my last stay here while visiting family I took the chance to explore some of the mountain biking trails. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would although some of the trails were a little to difficult for my current ability, I had fun none the less. The park is also dog friendly which I always appreciate.

Campers Dream

This amazing campground has spots for tent and rv camping, hiking trails, a beautiful lake for kayaking and fishing, and a Marina where rentals are available! Park also has a Boundless Playground!

Awesome Campground

updated bathhouses lots of shady sites sits on Patrick Henry Lake - no boat that’s ok rent paddle boats and kayaks at the Marina or just have lunch and watch the ducks on the water! Great family campground lots of activity’s for kids with the awesome park ranger - the is a playground like no other!

Beautiful East Tennessee

This beautiful 970 acre Tennessee State Park is located on the shores of the 900 acre Patrick Henry Reservoir on the Holston River in Sullivan County. Hiking, golf, fishing and more makes this a 5 star camping property.

I visited for one chilly night but plan to return again as soon as possible. A true treasure.

Park Office