About Warriors Path State Park
Warriors Path State Park is located in Tennessee
8 Reviews of Warriors Path State Park
Love it!

Went to visit a friend who was camping here, such a great site! We loved it and will definitely be back ourselves! 💜

Very clean but crowded

Campground is very clean especially the bathrooms. The lake is near the sites and a boundless playground is also nearby. The only issues we had were several of the sites were too small for even our pop up camper, no way an RV can fit. You really need to scout the sites beforehand.

Convenient and Fun, With Amenities Galore

This park is located about 15 minutes off I-81 just south of the VA/TN border, making it extremely convenient, and a great place to stop for anyone traveling that stretch of the country.

There are a total of 134 campsites. 94 are available year round and have electric/water hookups, and the remaining 40 sites are in an overflow section that is only open from Memorial Day-Labor Day. The overflow sites do not have electric or water hookups, and accommodate trailers up to 60 feet (site 106 only; all others sites can only fit smaller RVs). The sites open year round are primarily used for RV camping, accommodating trailers up to 40'. Sites have asphalt driveways and are otherwise gravel, with picnic tables, grills, and fire rings. Sites 94, 73, 57, and 28 are ADA accessible, and site 90 has a pull-off parking spot with the campsite set down from the road (this is an excellent tent site!). Most sites are very shady, and sites on the northern side have a view of the lake from late fall to early spring. The bathrooms have electricity and running water, are single stall and include a shower, and are some of the cleanest campground bathrooms I have ever experienced. And since we were there in late March and it was still fairly chilly, we appreciated the space heaters!

Amenities at this campground include hiking, fishing, boat rental, golf, disc golf, a swimming pool, and the best playground I have ever seen--this campground is worth it for the playground! It is huge, has an interactive story trail based on "The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe," a creek that runs through it, and the best part is that it is universally accessible, so children of all abilities can enjoy the park (sensory-friendly areas, and all signs include brail!). There is also a concession stand at the boat house, and two miles of trails are horse-friendly.

My only complaint about this campground is, given the proximity to the town of Kingsport and I-81, there are still a lot of civilization noises at night. This should not be an issue if you are in an RV, but for tent-campers you will still be able to hear distant traffic while falling asleep, instead of just the sounds of nature. But while we may not choose this as a place to "get away from it all," as frequent travelers between eastern TN and central VA, this campground is a perfect place to stop, and beats a hotel any day!

Great biking trails

I am much more of a hiker than a biker but during my last stay here while visiting family I took the chance to explore some of the mountain biking trails. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would although some of the trails were a little to difficult for my current ability, I had fun none the less. The park is also dog friendly which I always appreciate.

Campers Dream

This amazing campground has spots for tent and rv camping, hiking trails, a beautiful lake for kayaking and fishing, and a Marina where rentals are available! Park also has a Boundless Playground!

Awesome Campground

updated bathhouses lots of shady sites sits on Patrick Henry Lake - no boat that’s ok rent paddle boats and kayaks at the Marina or just have lunch and watch the ducks on the water! Great family campground lots of activity’s for kids with the awesome park ranger - the is a playground like no other!

Beautiful East Tennessee

This beautiful 970 acre Tennessee State Park is located on the shores of the 900 acre Patrick Henry Reservoir on the Holston River in Sullivan County. Hiking, golf, fishing and more makes this a 5 star camping property.

I visited for one chilly night but plan to return again as soon as possible. A true treasure.

Park Office

423-239-7141

36.4986, -82.4869

CLOSED Christmas Day

Qapla!

Not gonna lie, we decided to stay here because it reminded us of Klingons. The name is of course in reality in honor of a Native American. Wooded rolling hills among waterways typical of this part of TN. Neat little island and campground is on a peninsula. Pros: pretty campground setting, wooded campsites, shady campsites, lots to do (hiking, little nature center, horse riding (there’s a stable on site you can hire), birding, mountain biking, events, golf, playground, probably more), clean. Cons: so many activities it feels like a resort (common with state parks in this area) but it’s not over-crowded or a tourist trap. Worth a visit even without a boat.