Standard (Tent/RV)
Max Length: 50 ft.
Rhea Springs Recreation Area County Park and Campground is located in Tennessee
3 Reviews of Rhea Springs Recreation Area County Park and Campground
Quiet FREE Campground

Rhea Springs is a wonderful free campsite in central Tennessee which permits stay up to 14 days. As a part of the TVA the property as a whole is well maintained despite some obvious wear and tear on the restroom facilities.

I pulled into Rhea Springs later in the afternoon on a Wednesday and found a waterside site with ease. Though there were several other campers there it did not seem crowded at all as spacing of sites is well thought. I camped in my van near the waters edge in a semi flat area, though I will say some sites are much more uneven than others. I was on the main entry area as opposed to the peninsula are for camping as that seemed to be attracting more group camps and louder crowd at the time of my visit.

All sites are equipped with a fire ring and picnic table, but additionally they have a trash can which is picked up every few days by the TVA maintenance. Additionally you can find trash and recycling near the restrooms.

The restrooms were large enough for a couple of stalls and a very large kind of dingy looking shower. The shower had no curtain so a bathing suit or a buddy would be needed to use this and have privacy. The water in the showers does get very warm, so that is a bonus. There are also no mirrors in the restroom so if you are counting on one to get ready for the day pack one in with you.

When I visited my initial goal was to stay a single night but I really enjoyed the waterfront positioning of my campsite during the rains, it was very peaceful and coaxed me into a second night’s stay. I would definitely return to this campsite again in the future!

Beautiful Setting

This campground is small but has some of the prettiest views I've seen. I'll definitely visit it again!

Lovely find!!

Wasn’t expecting much at first, but ended up being pleasantly surprised and happy I stayed here. I can easily say this is one of my favorite campgrounds on my road trip so far. Mostly because it offers so much for free. Plenty of camp spots as well as the ability to park/camp right next to the water. (There’s no Water or Electric hookups) Also, not a lot of places selling firewood nearby. But there is a gas station called Rocky Spring Mart towards the “Cuzzin RV Park” that sells some.

There’s a large boat ramp, and the park itself is perfect for fun water activities. So bring your kayak or paddle boards! There’s even a swim area.

There are flushing toilets and 1 shower stall per bathroom with decent pressure and hot water. They are cleaned daily. (If you’re a tall person you might feel a bit exposed in the shower due to the height of the doors)

There is a park manager that keeps track of every new camper. He asks a few questions and gives you a list of the rules. He’s kind, and will gently tell you if you’re violating said rules.

Speaking of which THE PARK/CAMPGROUND IS CLOSED ON SUNDAYS.

Overall, I’ve had a fun and relaxing time here, and would definitely come again if I’m ever in Tennessee again.