Purkey Estates , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Purkey Estates Camping Reviews
Nice Campground with nice people

I rated this a 4 because the camping sites are quite close together which feels like you are almost up on top of your neighbor.  The setting is quite beautiful and most have a river view (I love waking up to the sound of flowing water).  The swimming hole really wasn't much of a swimming hole, which was disappointing because that was the whole reason that my sister, visiting from California, wanted to stay there.  It was quite pricey, so I am not sure that we would stay there again when it might be more affordable to stay elsewhere.  We stayed Easter weekend and it was sweet that they did an Easter egg hunt for the smaller kids.

Very clean RV park nested in 3 creeks

Triple Creek Campground lives up to it’s name being surrounded by 3 Creeks. We stayed here over Labor Day weekend in 2020 and although it was completely full, it didn’t feel crowded.

There was a big field where kids could play, with a play set and many other things to keep them busy. There was also a stage that wasn’t used because of Covid but I’m guessing is usually used throughout the summer. Kids are welcome get wet and stroll down one of the creeks in tubes and there’s plenty of shade.

This Campground has more of an RV parking lot feel than others, but there’s plenty to do at the campground to keep you preoccupied. The staff was always present and even brought rocks to paint with all of the supplies right to the campsite!

We used this campground as a base camp to access the national park, Gatlinburg and other beautiful close by destinations. If you’re looking for a place to park your camper right on a creek, it’s a really nice place to stay. If you’re looking for a secluded campsite, you probably should keep looking.

Clean, bear proof encouraged

Walking distance to light hiking. Very clean campgrounds. They even have a small house with running water to clean your kitchen pots and pans etc. There is a water refill station and plenty of bear approved garbage bins. Fishing is open year-round. Rhododendrum‘s bloom In June. We had a great experience!

My Favorite Smokies Campground !

Best Campground in The Great Smokies National Park! Sites are private, most are very wooded, they have tables, fire rings and usually paved tent pads. The showers are nice and clean and the river runs right through the campground so many sites are next to it and the sound is WONDERFUL!!!!

Our first KOA

As the title describes, this was our first KOA experience. We usually stay at State Parks. Well it had rained the day we arrived and evidently the past few days because the camp was very muddy. The first site they tried to put us at was all grass and mud. No pavement or gravel. We had our 27’ 5th wheel camper. I kindly asked for a better site and they worked with us on a “better site”. 277 was our new site and it was also very muddy BUT did some enough concrete to set up the camper decent enough. The weather finally improved Monday and things started to dry up. The kid activities and the pool were nice and we enjoyed those. The mobile shower trailer was a no go for us because they were very dirty. We probably won’t come back here.

Love this smokies campground

Great smokies campground. Nice walking trail and beautiful scenic loop to drive. Along the drive there are historic buildings and cemeteries. Tent sites were too close together. Not enough privacy

Quiet River Side

We enjoyed a River side site during the off season and during the week. Was very quiet and enjoyed the River. Dogs barking across the River, but how can you control that? Would love to see this place in full summertime mode, but it will have to wait!!

Our favorite place in the Smokies

My husband and I have been camping in the Smokies and surrounding areas for years. This is our favorite spot. Much quieter than the other campgrounds in the park. Several wonderful hikes right out of the campground.

Decent.

I was a little underwhelmed compared to what I was expecting from camping at a national park. The positives are the cheap rates and there are bathroom and shower facilities. If you want old fashion tent camping the park does have some backcountry campsites.

The cons are the lack of actual campsites. They are more like parking spaces. Probably to appeal to the people who use campers. The noise of the highway was constant and annoying.

Overall I enjoyed my time staying here. Wish I could have done more backcountry camping but the weather didn't permit it.