The best EQUESTRIAN camping near
Fall Branch , TENNESSEE

Most Recent Fall Branch Camping Reviews
Our favorite

This is our absolute favorite campground. Great amenities and ease of access for anything we need with a short drive into town. It’s quiet and relaxing. Watch out for pesky raccoons in site 7. They love to eat dog food.

Convenient and Clean

Kingsport/Bristol has easy access from Interstate 81 and the campground is easily navigated with a large 5th wheel.

They have cabins, a nice pool, a blob, lots of outdoor activities, playground area, horse shoes, even with it being a smaller KOA Campground there is a lot to do. The park is also near Warriors Path State Park, which is fun to go hike and see.

They have several large pull through sites, as well as back in smaller sites. They have 50amp service and full hookup sites.

Cellular reception is decent for TMobile and AT&T.

This park is frequented by travelers and NASCAR fans.

Greatest Place on Earth

Just the drive up the mountain is enough to take your breath away. My absolute favorite place to go camping and there are plenty of camping spots to go around! The campsites are so spread out that the only noises you’ll hear are the numerous creeks that flow off the mountain or a car driving up or down the gravel road. The fishing there is absolutely beautiful and the trout are pretty plentiful up there. I highly suggest this spot, just please pick up your trash after yourselves and for the love of god don’t go throwing beer cans and bottles down the hills from your campsites. I pulled 30 pounds of trash off the hillside of my campground the last time I was there. It’s sad indeed but the saddest part was the soda can I found that had been tore open by an animal. The can was lined with some poor animals blood. If an animal cuts its mouth on something like a dirty can and the cut gets infected, that animal will stop eating and slowly starve to death. Please please please pick up after yourselves!!!!!! No trash left behind!!! P.S….the adventure doesn’t start until you’re lost….

Perfectly Secluded

Right off the Blue Ridge Parkway this was a perfect site for the night.  A small creek nearby provided a peaceful backdrop.  No one around and only saw one other vehicle driving by.

What luck!

I’d never used a KOA before but was tremendously impressed with the serene beauty of this place situated well away from traffic in a bucolic setting. Mindful of my budget I learned to ask for a tent site with no electricity, no water, just toilets and showers. The young man who helped me observed I was alone and put me in a small cabin for no additional charge. Just outside the cabin was a bonfire of old wood from construction debris. I was super stoked to get this deal. I spent lots of time stoking that fire and sitting outdoors watching the evening arrive. If you’re anywhere near the area do stop in and enjoy a quiet and lovely night. You can even pet the horses nearby.

Top notch

Large RR/shower rooms well maintained. Lots to do with a great lake for kayaking. Great trails, and other activities

Victor Road Dispersed Camping

There are three campsites located in Victor Road. Victor Road is approx. 2 miles north of highway 80 (highway 80 is is approx 16 miles north of Mount Mitchell) on the Blue Ridge Parkway. The road is initially pavement but quickly turns to packed gravel. The road is a little rough in spots, but I had zero issues in my Honda Accord. Sites are free and do not appear to be managed by any official municipal, state or federal authority…but they are in great shape.

Three sites are available from what I could see. The marker on this map is at the site of what I am calling #3. Sites 1 & 2 are located about 1/2 mile down Victor Road on the left and are adjacent to one another, but appear to be large and have foliage separating them. One of the sites had three tents pitched along side a beach tent and still had plenty of open space in the middle around a stone fire pit. I stayed at site number three. This has enough room for two cars and a four person tent at most. I have a three person tent and it covered most of the flat pad area. The site has a fire pit and is located just before a large(ish) stream that crosses the road. Beyond this campsite, the road turns private. The site is on the left hand side as you approach the stream. There is room on the right hands side of the road for perhaps another tent if one wanted to do so.

This is fairly remote, despite being close enough to the BRP to hear cars occasionally. There are no amenities aside from the fire pit, but it's handy to have a creek for water for filtering or boiling. You should note that there are hunting blinds at the top of the hill between sites 1/2 and 3. These are facing a field that points away from the campsites. I imagine during turkey season (I saw a lot of turkey), you may hear gunshots.

There aren't any trails down this road, but you are within a few minutes of the BRP where they are plentiful and Mt. Mitchell and associated trail systems are less than 20 minutes. The BRP would have to be open for you to access these sites, so plan accordingly (my suggestion is the real time map on nps.org).

One of our favorite quick getaways

Panther creek has great hiking trails, pool, playground fire pits and so much more! The campground tends to be quiet and relaxed and has full hookups on some of the sites along with a nice little store and the dump station.

Quiet and relaxing

This is a very quiet campground. It has roomy sites and all amenities. The number of sites with sewer is limited, so book early to ensure availability. The campground is a single loop and the full hookups are on a hill. Parking area on the Sites are level, but they tend to slope otherwise. We enjoyed our stay here and will return as it is local and good for quick trips.

Full time RV'ers

Under new management, Kaiser is one of the best managers this place has had. It is one of the best campgrounds around. Priced right, clean, fantastic scenery, ideally located. Make a reservation you won't regret it