About Oconee Point

Oconee Point Campground consists of 70 acres of gently sloping area with a relatively dense cover of pines and mixed hardwoods. . The site presently offers camping and boat-launching facilities including 1 gatehouse/entrance, 2 park attendant campsites, 70 public use camp sites with full water and electric hookups, 5 comfort stations (3 with showers), 1 dump station, 1 boat ramp, 1 courtesy dock, 2 playgrounds, 1 designated swim area/beach, and associated paved roads and parking areas throughout.

Recreation

Fishing is one of the most popular activities at the lake. Sought-after species include largemouth bass, bream, crappie, catfish, striped bass and hybrid bass.

The lake appeals to boaters of all kinds, whether their specialty is canoeing, sailing or motor boating. Coves and areas of quiet water provide water skiers with excellent surfaces.

Swimmers will find sand beaches and designated swim areas along the shoreline.

Facilities

Natural Features

Hartwell Lake is a man-made lake bordering Georgia and South Carolina on the Savannah, Tugaloo and Seneca Rivers. The dam and lake area boasts 8 campgrounds and 11 day-use facilities that are operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers. The Hartwell Project was originally authorized for hydro-power, flood control, and navigation. Later, recreation, water quality, water supply and fish and wildlife management were added. Surrounding vegetation allows for plenty of shade, and the 962 miles of shoreline provide numerous swimming beaches, picnic areas and boat ramps.

Nearby Attractions

Oconee Point is a short drive away from Clemson, South Carolina and Clemson University, offering additional tourism opportunities, along with grocery stores, gas stations and restaurants.

Charges & Cancellations

Once your reservation has been created, there will be a $10.00 fee to cancel and a $10.00 fee to change your site or dates. - Cancellations made the day before, or up to the day after your arrival date will also be charged the first night use fee. - Reserved campsites will be held until check out time ( 2 p.m.) on the day following your scheduled arrival date. If you do not arrive at campground by 2 p.m. to fulfill your reservation, your reservation will be cancelled and you will be assessed a $20 service fee and forfeit the first night use fee. - If your reservation is for one night and you have been charged the first nights use fee, there is no $10 service fee. Refunds: - To insure fairness for all Recreation.gov customers, any reservation with departure dates outside the 6 or 12 month maximum window cannot be changed or cancelled until 18 days after the reservation is made. - Refunds must be requested no later than 14 days after scheduled departure date. Refunds may be requested through NNRS Customer Service at 888-448-1474. Refunds for bank card payments will be issued as a credit to the original bank card. Cash and check purchases will be refunded by check and may take up to 8 weekds for approval and processing. ADA Access: N

Sites
Price
$26.00 - $52.00
US Army Corps of Engineers
Oconee Point is located in South Carolina
Directions
From Interstate 85 in South Carolina, take exit 11 onto State Highway 24 towards Townville. About 1.5 miles past Townville, turn right onto Coneross Creek Road. Proceed 2.5 miles and turn RIGHT onto South Friendship Road. Drive 3 miles to park entrance on LEFT. 200 OCONEE POINT RD, Seneca, SC 29678
6 Reviews of Oconee Point
Beautiful site in the lake

We had an excellent weekend stay at site 16, lovely lake view of Hartwell, power and water hookups only. Everything looks great and well maintained, our site was right on the lake and had a large area for the grill and picnic table with cross tie steps and walls. Beautiful campground we stayed in September 18 in a motorhome.

Beautiful & quiet

Most every site is on the water and a big discount for seniors with a Golden Eagle National Park Pass.

Love!

Wow, Oconee Point in South Carolina is one of my favorite camping spots for me. I absolutely love this place, and have been coming here ever since I was little. This place holds such a special place in my heart. Hartwell Lake is gorgeous!! When we come and stay here, I spend most of my day here on the lake. I love to kayak and canoe on the lake. More times than not I am up and going at around 6:30am, and I start my day on the lake. It is so peaceful and quite in the mornings, I love it!! Another thing I love about this campground is that the campsite are very large. In the summer months this campground is very busy- so the large campsites makes you feel like it isn't AS busy. There is enough room between each campsite that you don't feel like you are intruding on another campsite! The campground is also very clean, and there are some rangers and attendants available which is also really helpful. We have asked the rangers in the past about hikes around the area. They have definitely been extremely helpful and have pointed us in the right direction. There are some really great hikes nearby that range from easy to difficult. I would suggest doing research ahead of time, or asking one of the attendants about the hikes in the area. Just so you do a hike that fits your needs. I don't remember what campsites we have stayed at, but we try and get as close to the water as possible. This just makes for a beautiful view, and easy to get our water activities in the lake. I would definitely suggest bringing any water toys you have. Again, I love kayaking/canoeing but we always see people in the lake with floaties or in tubes. I would suggest brining bug spray too- the mosquitoes are always annoying!

Federal park

Open May through October, friendly staff,convenient to Clemson University

So many lake front sites!

Oconee Point is a Core of Engineers campground with HUGE sites and almost all are lake front. Super clean and peaceful. Three dump sites for RVs. Electricity and water at every site. This is a gem! I highly recommend it. There are plenty of spots to ride bikes. If you have kayaka or a boat, you can pull them right up to your spot.

Lake Front Sites

We love Oconee Point. Big sites, all but three are lake front. Always great people around.